Chapter 12

When I woke up Pan was, of course, gone. I got up from the bed and walked out of the tent. I was still wearing his shirt and my shorts, both with a numerous amount of holes from running through the jungle yesterday.

When I got outside I saw the lost boys sitting around the fire pit and Peter on a log. To the right of him was Felix, who was sharpening a knife. The rest of the boys were in their own little groups, probably talking about weapons.

"Megan come here!" I heard Peter call out. I didn't look at him as I walked to a table that had an apple on it. I picked it up and bit into it, still ignoring Peter.

"Megan what's wrong?" He asked me. He stood up and started walking towards me but I walked right by him and sat on an unoccupied log as far from his as possible.

"I'm still mad at you." I said looking down at the dirt.

"Oh really? Because that's not what you said last night." He said. I looked up at him and he was smirking. Felix and some lost boys that heard had their jaws dropped and some were ooooing.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You want to restate that?" I asked him. "Because last time I checked I was perfectly fine sleeping on the floor but you just had to-"

"-Enough, Megan. In my tent. Now." Peter said disappearing into thin air. I sighed and got up.

Right before I was about to enter Peter's tent a lost boy called out. "You go get it Megan!" He shouted at me, which got some laughs from the lost boys. I turned around and threw my apple towards the lost boys at the fire. I watched as it hit one of them and entered the tent smiling.

My smile faded as soon as I saw Peter standing in the middle of the tent. His back was facing towards me and he was clenching and unclenching his hands.

"What do you want?" I asked him and crossed my arms.

"Why did you do that?" He asked.

"What did I do? You started it!" I said raising my voice.

"Yeah and you didn't need to try and finish it."

"What is your problem? Why did you say that to begin with? You were nice to me one minute and completely rude to me the next!" I shouted at him. "You know-" I started but he held up his hand.

He turned around and walked quickly over to me and grabbed my shoulders. We were then surrounded by green smoke and when it went away we were no longer in the tent. I looked around. We were in the jungle and Peter had me pushed against a tree, again.

"You know I'm getting really tired of this." I said looking up at him.

"At what? This?" He asked and kept moving closer to me. "Because you and I both know you're not. Just tell me when to stop love." He said and moved his hands to my arms. He slid his hands down my arms until he reached my elbows. Then he put his hands on my waist and started to move down a little more.

"That's enough Pan." I said. His hands froze on my hips and he looked me in the eye.

"As you wish, little Megan." He said and moved his hands back to his side.

"Why did you bring us here?" I asked him.

"There were some lost boys eavesdropping." He said and looked me in the eyes.

He stared at me for a couple of minutes, not breaking eye contact. After a couple of seconds I looked down at my hands. There was dirt under my nails and on my arms.