"we're just going to have to wait it out, mary." was all he said before kissing me quickly and joining louis in the kitchen.

----------

H A R R Y

i woke up very early in the morning.

it was the first of august, in the wonderful year of 2017.

the day that the love of my life and i were to fly out to london. but only i knew that wasn't our final destination.

we walked down a narrow hallway, filled with childhood photos. a little girl who looked very similar to mary was in a picture with a dog, wearing a bright red hat. right next to it was an old newspaper article about the same girl dancing at a music festival. leeds.

id been there before, me and louis. it was a lot of fun, and ever since ive been going back there alone-- every year.

maybe mary would want to go with me.

she turned around to face me and stopped in her tracks. i was caught in the act.

but instead she just grinned. "those pictures are so embarrassing, im sorry." she apologized. there was no need to, because they were actually really adorable.

we kept walking. her house was big.

"so you like going to leeds?" i asked her, to stir up conversation. even though her back was to me as she walked, i could tell she was smiling.

"i went there once as a kid." she reminisced. "im guessing you saw the picture on the wall... why, do you?"

it was my turn to smile at the memories i had made there. "absolutely love it. we should go together next year, i went two months ago and it was awesome. best in a while, actually."

she nodded slowly. "harry, i'd love to."

and now we were.

"wake up, lazy head!" i cheered loudly, jumping on the edge of the bed like a five year old as mary struggled to get out of bed. "it's the day that we ride our first plane together and im so very excited, as should you be!"

she wiped her eyes and got out of bed in a sleepy haze, which was really adorable. every morning she did this and it was something I would never get enough of seeing.

"ill be excited after I brush my teeth." she mumbled. "geez harry, your breath stinks too."

i breathed into my mouth and gagged. she wasn't wrong.

we both brushed our teeth, got changed, and ate in a matter of ten minutes. it was a nice record, but to be safe mary wasn't wearing makeup today and we were both wearing the most comfortable outfits we could find. that meant sweatpants and tees.

"you ready, baby?" I asked, and this time she was more excited than she had initially been. her grin was lively, he smile wide, and he gripped her suitcase and carry-on like he life depended on it.

"im ready to travel the world with you, harry." she said, and those were the words i had been waiting two years to hear.

*