17

please comment for quicker updates or i may have to slow down bc I don't want to waste my time. I hope this doesn't sound desperate :)

M A R Y

after singing a song that i had actually known about before- just not by its name- harry, louis, and i walked into harry's kitchen-- where food and drinks were being served.

"again, i'm really sorry mary." harry apologized as louis went to go get all of our food for us. "i know how much you wanted to see that movie."

i shook my head. at first, i would have agreed, but now i was here there was no going back. "i had so much fun singing with you guys. and i think that i'm over my stage fright."

harry smiled from ear to ear. "that's great, mary. i'm glad. but seriously, maybe next time we could just hang out here. watch a movie at my place or something."

i nodded, trying to ignore the millions of butterflies that were setting flight in my stomach. my feelings for harry were undeniable, and it was sad to say that i found myself getting attached. "i would love that."

he didn't say anything after that, but his eyes pried into mine. i could see his jade green eyes reflecting in the strobe lights.

"hey!" louis boomed, interrupting our moment as he came rushing over to us with a plastic plate in each hand. he set them down on the island, and i looked down at our plates with a wide smile. a bratwurst had been placed on mine, along with oreos and chips, and a good amount of french fries.

harry chuckled. "even though this looks like food you'd get at a fifth grade dance, zayn did us well."

louis nodded and sat next to us. "yeah, i ordered pizza. it should be coming soon."

harry pushed his plate away from him and i laughed. i didn't want to be rude about it, so i picked up my hot dog and took a bite. it was actually pretty good.

"oh!" louis chimed. "that reminds me, mary-- now that you're here, did you want to go to a local music fest with harry and i?"

his eyes sparkled. "harry, you're going?" i asked.

he nodded. "it was just going to be lou and i, with his girlfriend, but i figured it would be much more fun if i had you by my side."

i raised an eyebrow. what was he getting on at?

harry coughed awkwardly. "you know, because louis was going to have his girlfriend and i didn't want to be a third wheel."

i smiled. that made a lot more sense, even though i was slightly disappointed. "sure. when is it?"

louis took an oreo off my plate, to which i didn't object. "it's next saturday. harry can pick you up, right harry?"

he coughed again. it was weird how all of a sudden he was acting so strange. maybe he was coming down with a cold. "i kind of don't want to go with louis." he said jokingly. "after what he told you earlier."

i felt my cheeks turn a deep red. all this time, i had thought that he was joking. but he was serious..? harry actually accidentally sent nudes to someone? so that meant that harry sent nudes, period?

"you okay?" louis asked, a sly smile on his cheeks like he knew what i was thinking about. i just smiled and nodded.

as if on cue, the doorbell rang.

"that should be the pizza." louis said, struggling to get up from his seat. "ill go get that and distribute it evenly. give me, like, twenty minutes." the way he said 'twenty' made it obvious that he had english roots.

harry smiled and waved his best friend off, leaving the two of us alone. oh no. i wanted louis to come back now, because i feared just the two of us alone would be ultimately awkward.

"so..." harry twiddled his thumbs and bit off his brat. i was right, this was awkward. "you know you didn't have to say yes to that dumb festival, right?"

i bobbed my head up and down. "i don't think it'll be stupid." i said. "i think it'll be loads of fun."

harry snickered. "it's really just a bunch of local artists no one has heard of. people only go to get drunk on beer, whiskey, you name it."

i nodded in agreement. "i live in america, i think that i know how these things work." i gave him a kind and genuine smile. "i just think that you, i, and louis will have a blast. trust me on this."

harry smiled back. his grin had to be the most beautiful thing on this earth. "okay, i believe you. but we'll find out for ourselves."

soon enough, louis brought us back two slices of pizza each and a red solo cup filled with hawaii punch. we drank and ate quickly, and then before i knew it, it was midnight and harry was ready to drive me home.

"are you cold?" he asked as we got up to leave. "the weather is changing, and i don't want you to freeze to death."

the first chance i got, i shook my head-- even though that was a lie. "im fine, really."

but still, he gave me that goofy smile and held up his index finger. "one second." he said briskly, and disappeared out of the kitchen. it was basically empty now, with louis and i as an exception.

"you like him-- don't you?" i heard a voice say.

"no." i lied quickly.

louis turned to face me. "you're lying."

"no im not."

he shrugged. "i just want you to know that winning harry over is no hard task. all you have to do is be a sucker for him and he'll fall for you. he loves the attention."

i gave him a funny look. "how do you know that?"

he stared at me for a second. "because harry fell in love with me first." he said seriously before erupting into a fit of laughter, piling dishes into the sink. "just kidding." he added.

just then, harry came strolling into the room wearing a purple hoodie. he had a dark grey one extended for me. "here." he offered. "you can wear this."

louis winked at me.

"thanks, harry." i gushed, grabbing it from him with ease. i clutched it and it smelt like peppermint and lavender, an odd but pleasant combination. "it smells nice."

he gave me a shy smile before grabbing my hand and leading me out the front door, away from louis who was smiling from ear to ear the whole time.

the car ride was spent talking about random things, and at the end we both agreed that we had fun tonight.

when i got home, i logged into twitter.

are you sure you want to deactivate your account?

i thought about it for a moment. did i really?

i did.

we're sad to see you go! your account has been deactivated.

finally, it felt as if a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders.