08

gif is of penny (ariana grande)

M A R Y

that day, penny texted me.

god, she was such a bitch. always whining about how my lies were affecting her but then crawling back a couple of days later. did she really think i was going to give in that easily?

she was dumber than a bag of rocks. and i needed new friends. new friends like harry.

actually, come to think of it, I wanted to be more than just friends with harry. but the fact that i had his journal would be a major problem in that situation. and also, a billion other girls wanted to marry him and die old with him. what if someone killed me because we dated? that would be tragic.

from: penny the biatch
hey i was wondering if you wanted to come out for smoothies tonight! and see a movie before

i rolled my eyes. who did this girl think she was? I wasn't going to forgive her so fast.

to: penny the biatch
why would i want to go with you? remember, im still mad at you. don't try to act like a saint.

she read the message but after a few minutes, i still got no answer. that was good. i didn't want her to get any ideas.

just as i was about to lock my screen, i realized i was getting a facetime call from harry. i made sure his journal wasn't out in plain sight and answered it.

his tired face was shown on the camera. "hey, mary." he said cheerfully, despite how he looked.

"hi harry." i smiled into the camera. he was so cute. and i had to find a way to make him so mine. "what's the occasion?"

"just wondering if you wanted to get smoothies tonight after a movie!"

that was strange... didn't penny just invite me the exact same thing..?

"um..." i said hesitantly. "just me and you, right?"

"nah." he said cooly. "i actually asked your friend on a date, and i was wondering if you wanted to tag along."

fury raged inside me. he asked my best friend out, but not me? what did he see in her, anyway? all she was is a snobby, gold digging whore. he was supposed to be asking me on late night smoothie runs-- not her.

"no thanks." i said, as kindly as i could. i noticed in the background that he must've been at penny's house, and i gritted my teeth to hold back words that i wanted to say so badly at the moment.

"you don't look very happy." he said, leaning into the camera. "if you want, you and i can go on a date sometime this week too! it's nothing personal between me and penny, just a friend thing. im trying to get to know the two of you better."

he was so nice and i hated him for that. well, not actually-- but you get what im trying to say. "are you implying that im jealous?" i teased, but he just shrugged with a smirk.

"all im saying is that after i said the words 'penny' and 'date' in the same sentence, you tensed up. nothing else." he winked, and i swear he was trying to kill me. it was working.

"fair enough." i giggled. i wasn't going to come out and tell him i liked him. who does that, anyway? "can i talk to penny?"

"yeah, sure." he smiled into the camera, looking at my face. i wanted to cover it, because i felt that i looked so bad. i mean, i hadn't even put makeup yet. i couldn't believe harry had seen me like this.

the camera from his side moved around the room, and finally her face appeared on the screen. she looked so clueless.

"where's harry?" i hissed.

she frowned at me. "he went to use the bathroom, why?"

hadn't he used the bathroom at my house earlier? what kind of friend was she, that piss stealer!

"i just wanted to tell you not to tell him anything about the journal." i warned. "or i will end you."

the facetime call ended.