35] Fear?

I woke up to darkness around me. I couldn't see anything. I could only feel cold chains holding me down to what I think was a chair.

I wondered how big the room was so I whistled. I listened to the echo but there wasn't any. The room must be small or have stuff in it.

I heard a noise. I could barely hear it but I closed my eyes and concentrated on what I heard.

"How can there be no reaction? Everyone is scared of something."
"Well not you...you said you didn't have one..."
"My fear is for my experiment to lead me no were."
"Should we send her back? She looks awfully familiar,maybe she is important."
"Important to experiment, she must have a fear she must."

I heard foot steps get closer and closer as a sigh was heard. "Go get me some concentrated by 10% that should be enough." I heard the noise get closer until it stopped.

I could almost hear him breathing a few yards before me. He didn't scare me. He sounded like a high school teacher. I cleared my throat and straightened up.

"Can you turn the light on? It would be nice to meet you without feeling that its a blind date." I said and the breathing stopped. The light switched on blinding me for a second as it dimmed down.

I was in what seemed a concrete basement. It looked moist so it must be underground. I look at the guy before me in a dark suit with a bag mask over his head.

"Why aren't you scared?" He said barely audible threw the muffle of the bag. I looked at him for a long time and shrugged. "Ive been in way way worse...and Im not scared of anything." I said to him as he took a step forward.

He pulled out a gun and aimed it at my head. I looked at the barrel of it and back to him. "Are you scared now?" He said and I raised a eyebrow at him. "No" I said and I could see in his eyes I got him by surprise.

"Why not...I could kill you by just a pull of a trigger." He said and I looked at him and cracked a grin. I started chuckling as he walked closer and acted more bad ass. I started laughing full blast as he pulled the trigger and it just made a clicking sound.

"You-you aren't gonna kill-HAHAHAHAHA-your not gonna kill me with a gun that has no cartridge and that has the safety on!" I said laughing again. I laughed so hard I had to scrunch up to hold my sides.

He pulled the trigger again and checked to see if it was loaded. It wasn't. He threw the gun and made a annoyed grunting sound as I laughed harder at this guy.

Threw my watery eyes I saw the guy put a gas mask on as a guy came in. He threw in a cylinder that started throwing gas as I kept on laughing.

I saw him take the drugs out and walk away as I ran to the boy dead on the floor. Something was different. I didn't feel mad or sad or scared at what I saw. I saw that kid lying across the bleachers laughing with me in high school. I caught a glimpse of his face as we laughed and laughed.

I kept on laughing as The vision blurred. I heard shots being shot as my sight came back and I wiped my tears on my sleeve and left a small smile on my face as I looked at the scene before me.

"What did ya do to her!?!" I heard the raspy maniacal voice and I straightened up. "I gave her some of my fear serum" I heard a shaky voice as I looked at Joker pinning the scarecrow guy against the wall with his Blade at his throat.

"Why the fuck was she laughing like a lunatic?" He growl at him as they looked at me. I saw his eyes soften and then go into anger as he looked back at the guy. "Unlike you, she had a reaction. She had laughter even when she didn't have a fear like you." He said as Joker threw him on the ground.