Chapter 19

(Artemis POV)

2 days later...

I was lying on the floor with my eyes closed listening to Santiago's breathing when I heard Elizabeth's voice. 'You can't see her Valor!' hissed Elizabeth quietly. 'I need to see her! You can't keep me away from her!' hissed Valor. I then heard his footsteps coming towards me. I tightened my hold on Santiago and I growled low in warning. His footsteps stopped and I could see his faint outline in the darkness. 'Valor! Leave now or it'll call Raphael to get you out himself!' growled Elizabeth angrily. Valor turned and hissed at her and he walked towards me again. Santiago could hear me growling and he stirred. 'Mummy! What's wrong!?' asked Santiago rubbing his head under my chin. 'Valor! If you don't leave now...' I hissed at him and he stopped. A shiver went down his spine and he knelt down a few steps in front of me. 'Talk to me Artemis' said Valor and I held Santiago closer to my chest. Then suddenly I heard my stomach growl and Valor heard it too. 'Artemis...' said Valor and he reached out to take my hand but i hissed and I felt my fangs lengthen in hunger and warning. 'Please Artemis...I need you to talk to me! I need you to tell me why you're so upset' begged Valor's voice. I could hear sadness playing in his voice and I sighed. 'I'm afraid...' I whispered. 'Afraid?! Of what?' asked Valor.

'Of your magic and power. You've killed people with it haven't you? I could sense all the death and destruction it had caused you. And how it changes someone so much. Like me. I'm frightened. I'm frightened for Santiago and you and myself! What if it happens again and you're not there to stop me!? This new ability that I have received from your magic lets me see events in your past. But I can't control what I see!' I half yelled half whispered. Valor nodded in the darkness. 'I understand Artemis. But you need to eat. If you don't eat, how can you feed our son?' whispered Valor. Our son. My heart skipped a beat as he had said that. I looked Valor in the eyes and I nodded gently. Valor reached out and I braced myself for what I was going to see. But I wasn't expecting to see what I saw.

(Sebastian POV)

'Why do we even need to guard him if he's locked up and under a spell?' whined a guard. 'Because if his sister frees him. One will devour the other's life and will become as strong as the legendary Valor'Cutzpah!' replied the other guard. 'Artemis!?....' yelled Sebastian's voice. 'Is he awake!?' yelled a guard. 'No! They're twins. They're connected. But somehow he can feel and see everything she sees and does. You could say that he's the one who has the most control over their bond' replied the other guard.

(Valor POV)

'Artemis! Wake up! Wake up Artemis!' I yelled at her. She was rolling around on the ground screaming in hysteria. I grabbed her wrists and she only scream more. Then suddenly Santiago bite my hand and I cried out and pulled away. The screams slowly died down from Artemis. And very slowly she opened her eyes. "Mummy!' cried Santiago. 'Santiago?' whispered Artemis. 'It's ok Mummy. Daddy won't hurt you anymore!' cried Santiago. I watched Artemis sit up and then she looked at me. 'Valor...It's ok. I saw everything...I understand...' said Artemis. I walked over next to Artemis and I sat down beside her. 'Everything?' I asked. 'Everything' replied Artemis. I reached out and took her hand in mine. She winced for a split second but then she smiled. 'I can control it now' said Artemis. 'I love you Artemis' I said sliding my arm around her back. She hummed and lifted her head up a little to look me in the eyes. 'I love you too Valor...' whispered Artemis as her eyes drifted closed. Santiago ran out of the room and down to where Elizabeth was. Then I felt the bond surge and we both gasped in pleasure.

Artemis's hands tightened on my shirt as I fed her my life essence. She was starved and so was I. She may be strong but her hunger was ferocious and she couldn't keep it under control. I nuzzled my nose into the nape of her neck and I moaned. Her scent was overpowering. Evergreens and cinnamon. We were so addicted to each other.