Chapter 10

(Artemis POV)

As we flew back to the mountain, Santiago rode on Marcus's back. Marcus and Santiago were laughing together the whole way back and I loved it. To see them getting along so well, it made me happy. We landed back in Marcus's room and we transformed back into our human forms. Santiago ran over to me and I picked him up in my arms. He purred and snuggled against my chest. I yawned and walked over to the bed and laid down. Marcus sat on the edge of the bed and he stroked my cheek. 'Get some rest Artemis. I have to go out and talk to Cronus. I'll be back soon' whispered Marcus and my eyelids drifted closed.

(Marcus POV)

Artemis closed her eyes. I stood up and walked out, closing the door behind me. Cronus hopefully would be able to help Artemis remove the spell holding me here so I could go back with her so that Caleb doesn't hurt her again. When I saw him, I was going to tear his throat out. He had hurt my mate. And I was so angry at what he had done to Artemis from that memory I had seen.

(Artemis POV)

I opened my eyes and sat up. 'Santiago...I have to go back to the mountain. When your father gets back, tell him that I have gone back and I'll be back soon ok??' I whispered in Santiago's ear. He raised his sleepy head and nodded. 'You stay here ok??' I said and he whined in protest. 'Why can't I come!!!???' whined Santiago. I sighed. 'If you came back with me, Eldrax would probably kill you' I replied and Santiago lowered his head back down but didn't protest any further. I smiled and stood up. I clicked my fingers and the portal appeared in front of me. I thought about the destination and the portal glowed blue and I walked through. I closed the portal and looked around. I walked up the steps towards the throne room when I suddenly stopped. 'Eldrax...' I said as I saw his shadow in front of me. 'Artemis....Did you find what you were looking for??' smiled Eldrax. He must think I was still under that spell. 'Yes' I said. Then I heard Valkyrie's voice. 'Eldrax!!! I need your help!!!!' said Valkyrie's voice from up further on the stairs. 'I'm coming honey! I just have to deal with this first!' yelled Eldrax up the stairs. Then Eldrax walked up in front of me and slapped me. I slammed into the wall and cried out. I put a hand to where Eldrax had slapped me and it was tender and stinging.

'I know you managed to undo my spell Artemis. I felt it unravel while you were in the shadowlands. You found him didn't you!!!??' growled Eldrax stalking closer to me as I backed down the stairs. 'Yes!' I spat angrily at him. 'Caleb isn't going to be happy Artemis....I'll have to send you to....' Said Eldrax before he suddenly lunged at me, knocking me to the ground in front of the portal. 'How about Raphael's Dungeon??? That sounds good doesn't it???' laughed Eldrax evilly. Then all of a sudden he punched me in the face and I passed out.

(Marcus POV)

Suddenly I felt fear, pain and anger wash through the bond. Artemis???!!! I turned and ran back to our room and I only saw Santiago lying on the bed. I ran over to him and nudged him with my finger. 'Where did your mother go!!!??' I asked. 'Mummy said she had to go back to the mountain and she said she would be back soon' yawned Santiago. She went back! Without me! Then suddenly I felt Artemis pass out. 'Nooo! I have to get to her! I know where he's going to send her!' I yelled as Santiago climbed onto my shoulder and I ran out of the room, down the hall, and into the throne room. 'Cronus!!!! She went back without me!!!! Eldrax is taking her to Raphael's Dungeon!!!!!' I yelled. Cronus turned and looked at me with wide eyes. 'He couldn't be....If he did...' trailed Cronus. I nodded and Cronus dropped the scroll he was holding. 'We have to unravel the spell holding you here. Then we can go save her...' said Cronus as he walked over to me and led me behind the throne room into his room.

(No One's POV)

Eldrax told Thomas to take her to Raphael's dungeon and he did. He left her outside the cave opening lying in the sun. No doubt that it wouldn't take long for him to smell her scent. Marcus on the other hand, he and Cronus were starting on unravelling the spell holding him there. Then Raphael in slumber woke up to a delicious scent of a woman.

(Raphael's POV....Raphael's POV)

I licked my lips. This female was so lush and beautiful, and young. I had never had someone so beautiful here before. And she was all mine. I was going to have lots of fun with this one. I smiled to myself and I picked her up in my talons and I brought her inside the cave. I laid her on a large, flat stone and I sat down not far from her. So young, so beautiful. She obviously was bonded to someone. I could feel the bond between them when I picked her up in my talons. Luckily with my magic, I could disrupt bonds between two mates. I could even disconnect them from each other. And if I disconnected these two, she would feed me for a long time.

(Artemis POV)

When I woke up, I sat up and looked around. I was lying in a cave but I didn't recognise it. 'Good. You're finally awake' said a voice. I looked around but I couldn't see where it was coming from. Then I was suddenly pulled into the darkness against a dragon's body. Suddenly a fire lit and I could see. I looked up at The dragon Eldrax spoke of and he was dark blue with golden spikes and talons. I felt a breeze drift past and I shivered. 'You'll be feeding me shortly!' Laughed Raphael. 'I would never!!!!' I yelled at him. 'Says the female chained by the throat to me!!!!' laughed Raphael. I put my hand to my throat and he was right. I had a collar around my throat and a chain attached that led to Raphael. Then suddenly Raphael put his talons on the side of my throat and muttered something under his breath and unbearable pain swept through me and I fell to my knees. 'What....did....you...do?!' I yelled at him as I cringed in pain.

'I just accessed your bond with that other dragon. And I'm about to separate the two of you' laughed Raphael. Then more pain swept through my body.

(Marcus POV)

Suddenly I yelled in pain. 'He's accessed the bond.....He's breaking us apart....she's in so much pain...' I groaned as more pain swept through my body. 'We have to let him.....We'll save her...but it'll take time to unravel a spell this powerful..' said Cronus as he flipped through several books.

(Artemis POV)

Then suddenly I felt the bond between Marcus and I snap. I gasped in pain and fell to the ground. I gasped for breath as the pain slowly went away. 'That was easy....Now come here my female....' smiled Raphael evilly as he watched me sit up. 'I will never do anything you want!!!!' I spat at him. 'We'll see....I don't think it will take you long to change your mind. Soon you will be craving me and I'll be right here when you want to admit to me that you need me...' smiled Raphael. I stood up and walked away until the chain stopped me. I sat down in the moonlight and saw the stars twinkling. I couldn't give into him. I wouldn't give into him. I had to be strong. But he was right. I was starting to crave him. I had to beat it!