Chapter 15

(Valor'Cutzpah POV)

I ran forward and caught Artemis in my arms. She was breathing heavily but she couldn't stop smiling. 'She's alive! Eldrax didn't kill her! She's with the mermaids in Hell's Waterfall!' she smiled. I sat her on the edge of the water and the water started to glow. 'We have to get her!' I said with a smile and Artemis turned and looked me in the eyes with tears in her eyes. 'You would do that?! Even if it was Raphael's mate?!' asked Artemis. 'I would save anyone suffering from Eldrax's torture and pain that he has caused' I said as I reached out and stroked her cheek. Her eyes and hair had turned blue like Raphael's scales and she had golden horns on her head. This was her new magic that she had to learn how to control. To be able to take on the dragon's element into her body and it would change the colour of her hair and eyes and she could use that dragon's magic and power. But I didn't know what would happen if she tried to take on my magic and power to use. 'Do you want to come Raphael?' asked Artemis looking at Raphael. 'No. I'll stay here and look after your son. Please bring her home if she really is there!' sobbed Raphael. Artemis nodded and we both stood up.

Then suddenly Artemis took my hand and she walked me into the pool of water. 'I can help you breathe underwater' smiled Artemis. I nodded and I felt her magic flow into me. Then suddenly the water around us turned into a whirlpool. Artemis walked towards the centre of it but I quickly grabbed her arm. 'Trust me. I know what I'm doing. But don't fall for the mermaid's charms ok?' asked Artemis. I nodded and I let go. She walked into the centre and disappeared. I followed her and suddenly I was under water.

(Artemis POV)

I swam over to Valor. It was taking him a moment to adjust to the water. Then suddenly we were surrounded by male mermaid guards. 'State your business!!!' growled the leader of the mermen. 'I wish to speak to your king!!! About Eldrax the fire dragon!!' I yelled and they all gasped at Eldrax's name. Then suddenly a merman slapped cuffs onto my wrist and Valor's. 'Hey!' I yelled and the leader of the merman slapped me. 'Only speak when you're spoken to!!!' growled the merman and I hissed at him. They led us to an underwater castle and we all swam inside. We swam until we got to a throne room and the king and the queen of the merpeople sat on their thrones. 'She is the one that he named would eventually show up!!!! Shall we lock her up!???' yelled the leader of the mermen and the king sitting on his throne swam down to us. He put his hand under my chin and lifted it up so that I was looking him in the eyes. 'Take her to my room. Lock him up. I'm going to have fun with her. She has a very strong spirit!' laughed the king. Then he swam back up to his throne and the mermen led me into a room behind the throne room. Valor was suddenly led a different direction and I pulled against the mermen's grip.

'No!' I yelled as I tried to pull out of their grip but they just slammed me against a wall. 'Do that again and we'll be the one's having fun with you!!!' growled the merman into my ear. I hissed at him and he led me into a room. It was pitch black and I tried to pull against their grips again. They suddenly let go and the lights suddenly turned on. I looked around and I swallowed. The leader of the mermen walked over and took the cuffs off. 'Your magic is useless here! You're lucky that your water magic is working here!' laughed one of the mermen. 'You are a pretty one aren't you? Maybe I could have a go when the king's had enough of you?' smiled the leader of the mermen evilly. He reached out to touch me but I pulled away and hissed at him again. He laughed and they all swam out and they locked the door behind them. I looked around me again and all around me were different tools and things sitting on shelves. I hated to think of what he might do with them.

Then suddenly I felt a wave of nausia pass over me and I sat on the end of the bed in the room. I put my hand to my head and tried to steady my breathing. But I felt the world around me begin to spin and suddenly everything went black.