Chapter 9

(Artemis POV)

I walked over to the pool of water and stripped off my royal robes. I stepped into the water in my bra and panties and I turned and looked at Marcus. I whistled and he looked up at me.

(Marcus POV)

I walked over to the water and I threw off my shirt and walked up to the steps that Artemis was on. She was now on the last step and the water was up to her waist. She turned to me and my heart went rack-rabbit. She was so beautiful that I was breathless. She then pushed away from the steps and dived under the water. I dived under the water to follow her and the water was crystal clear. I wrapped my arms around her waist as we both surfaced and she turned and wrapped her arms around my neck. The bond grabbed hold and my life essence flowed into her and she moaned. I brought my lips onto her throat and my fangs lengthened.

(Artemis POV)

Marcus then sank his fangs into my throat. Passion and heat flowed through my body and then Santiago swam over in between us. 'I'm hungry mama!!!!' whined Santiago. I smiled and picked Santiago up in my arms and he latched onto one of my wrist. I gasped as pleasure spun through me. Then suddenly Marcus was standing behind me with his arms around my waist and he had his lips on my throat. I moaned as bliss and rapture took hold of me and I closed my eyes as I began to drift on a cloud of ecstasy. Then I could feel Marcus's hand trail up my spine and back down. A shiver went through my body and Marcus gently brushed his lips over my shoulder.

(Marcus POV)

I nipped at her life essence and I took in small sips of her life essence. Then Santiago pulled away from her wrist and sighed. 'I love you mummy!!!' sighed Santiago. 'I love you too Santiago' smiled Artemis breathlessly. 'I'm going to check out that door over there mummy! I'll be right back!' smiled Santiago. 'Don't get into any trouble!' laughed Artemis. Santiago then swam over to the door and climbed out of the water and started walking down the cave. As soon as he disappeared out of sight, my fangs were in Artemis's throat. She gasped in pleasure and I growled low in my throat. I was ravenous. My hunger had been voracious while she had been gone. And every time I ate food, hunger still poked at me after I had eaten. And her life essence tasted amazing with all of the pleasure and happiness all mixed in.

I closed my eyes and I could feel the bond strengthen between us. We had never finished the bonding ceremony and if we did finish it. It would be up to Artemis. Would she accept all of me? Mind, body and soul? I retracted my fangs out of her throat and she sighed and she leant all of her weight on me. I hummed and accepted her weight. I spun her round and her eyes were half closed in pure pleasure. 'Artemis....' I whispered as I nuzzled my nose into her hair. I breathed in her luscious scent and she moaned. 'Yes.....' whispered Artemis. I pulled back and looked her in the eyes. She smiled gently and I gently brought my lips down on hers. 'My beautiful mate....' I whispered as I pulled my lips away from hers and she moaned in protest. I brought my lips back, unable to resist her and we stayed like that for a couple of minutes, then I pulled my lips away again. She brought her lips onto my throat and I moaned as the electricity flowing through us surged more frantically. Both our hearts began to beat in unison, quick and erratic.

I felt her fangs lengthen onto my throat and they sank into my throat and we both gasped. Her arms wrapped around my neck as she drew our body's together. I wrapped my arms around her waist and I could feel her beginning to feed on my soul. I was addicted to her. I wanted to feed her every piece of me. And when she took the equal equivalent to what I had taken from her, the bond surged and crackled and hissed. The water around us seemed to be alive as the electricity flowing through both of us made the water glow blue. Artemis retracted her fangs out of my throat and pulled back to look in my eyes. We were both breathless as we stared at each other in awe. We were so mesmerised by each other that we didn't see Santiago swimming towards us. 'Mummy!!!! You're making the water glow!!!!' giggled Santiago. Artemis slowly broke our stare and smiled at Santiago. 'Santiago? Did you find anything behind the door??' I asked as I watched Artemis pick Santiago up in her arms. Santiago rested his head on her chest and I felt a growl wanting to escape my throat but I swallowed it with a smile.

'I found two caves behind the door. One led down to a room full of eggs and the other led to a room full of weapons and armour' sighed Santiago as I felt Artemis feeding Santiago a little bit of her life essence. Then all of a sudden I saw Artemis freeze and shake her head. 'What's wrong!?' I asked encircling her waist. 'They will be wondering where I am....' She whispered and I knew exactly who she was talking about. 'Don't go back....Stay here' I whispered into her ear. She leant her head back on my shoulder and she let out a sigh. 'I have to...I'm a queen....Come with me....If I went back to Caleb....' She said with fear playing in her voice. 'I can't leave unless you release me from the spell that is holding me here...' I whispered. 'Cronus can help....' She smiled. I nodded gently and Santiago climbed up onto Artemis's shoulder and onto my shoulder. 'Daddy!!! I want to ride on your back when we go home!!!!' whined Santiago. 'Should we go???' smiled Artemis. 'We should be getting back....At least stay the night and we can try and undo the spell holding me here...' I whispered into her ear and she nodded. 'Let's go' she said as she walked over to the steps and climbed out of the pool of water.