Chapter 11

(Artemis POV)

When I woke up the next morning, Raphael was sleeping where he had been sitting last night. And suddenly I felt a shiver go down my spine. Thoughts of us popped into my head and I tried to push them out but I couldn't. Damn!!! I was fighting a battle I knew I would eventually loose. Then Raphael lifted his head and looked at me. 'Let's go for a walk shall we??' smiled Raphael. I stood up and Raphael walked up beside me. 'Ready to admit it yet??' he asked as he walked ahead and I kept up with him. 'No! I will never give into you!!' I said to him but he just smiled and looked away.

(Raphael's POV)

I couldn't wait to taste her. This walk was going to make her change her mind, I knew that. She was so sure that she could beat it but I knew different. I could see her thoughts because I had established a small bond with her last night. And I knew that she kept thinking about us. I licked my lips and suddenly we came to the waterfall I had planned to come to.

(Artemis POV)

A waterfall?! Raphael walked into the water and sat down a few metres in front of the waterfall. I followed him into the water and he looked at me and smiled. 'You're welcome to do a strip show for me...' he smiled evilly. 'No way!!!' I yelled at him. I shook my head to get those thoughts out of my head but they remained. Why was I feeling this for him? 'It's because you're not bonded to that other dragon now. So he can't feed you his life essence. So your body will crave mine since I started a small bond between us' smiled Raphael. 'You did what!!!??' I yelled at him. If he could read my thoughts, then, that would mean he had heard what I had been thinking about us all this time. 'Spot on my female!' laughed Raphael. I blushed slightly and looked away. I walked over to the water fall and droplets of water splashed onto my body. Then I slipped my whole body under the water and I felt it flow down my body. I scrubbed my hair to wash out any dirt then I stepped out from under the water but then suddenly Raphael walked over to me.

'Admit it....I know what you're thinking......' whispered Raphael as he stroked my back with his talons. A shiver went down my spine. I tried to get away from his talons but Raphael suddenly grabbed my arms in his talons and pinned them above my head against the rock behind the water fall. 'No! Marcus!!!' I yelled as loud as I could. My voice echoed around for a little bit. Then it faded away. 'Marcus huh???!!' laughed Raphael. 'Has he told you about his true name or his true form???' whispered Raphael into my ear. A shiver went through my body and tingle started to spread throughout my body. 'What true name and form...?' I whispered in shock and fear. 'I'll only tell you if you admit to me that you want me....need me.....crave me....' said Raphael with a hint of lust playing in his dark gaze. I contemplated this for a moment but there was something else I wanted. 'I've never had a female want that before....I suppose I could....but will you admit it??' laughed Raphael.

I nodded and Raphael snorted. 'I need to hear you say it...' he smiled. I brought my eyes away from Raphael's gaze and I took a deep breath. 'I need you...' I whispered quietly. 'What!? Sorry, I couldn't hear you...' smirked Raphael. 'I need you...I crave you....please....' I said with such ferocity in my voice and eyes that it made Raphael shiver. 'You sure you want to see my human form? Only one female has ever seen my human form and she didn't last long after that...' said Raphael. 'I'm sure I can handle it' I replied. Then he glowed and shrunk in size. Then I was absolutely breathless. I was looking at Raphael who was all muscled and tanned. I couldn't help but let my jaw fall open. I see what he meant now. Then I felt Raphael caress my cheek and I felt something flash through my veins. I gasped in pleasure and my eyes drifted half closed.

(Marcus POV)

'MARCUS!!!!!!' yelled Artemis's voice and I sat up gasping in breath. She was in trouble and I couldn't help her!!! I felt so useless!!! Who knew what she could be going through? Knowing what he usually did to woman...and if he found out that she was bonded to me...who knew what he would do to her? And he knew about my past...If he told her, she ever reaccept him? If he told her his secret???

(Artemis POV)

Raphael had taken me back to the cave bridal style in his arms and he laid me on the hard, flat stone. 'Tell me about Marcus...' I said as he pulled away for a brief second. 'Mmmmmm. It can wait...I'm so hungry female...I need to eat...' smiled Raphael. A shiver went down my spine then I suddenly felt the collar around my neck get tugged up to face Raphael. I swallowed and Raphael brought his lips onto my throat. I moaned in pleasure as his life essence flooded my veins. But it wasn't the same as what I had had with Marcus. But I needed to know about his secret. 'Tell me...please...' I begged wanting to know. Raphael pulled back and smiled. 'You're really curious aren't you?' asked Raphael. I nodded and he released his grip on the chain holding me up and I sat up properly. Raphael sat down on the stone in front of me and he smiled. 'Do I start at the beginning?' asked Raphael and I nodded.

'Ok. About roughly 15 years ago. The king and Queen of dragonkind gave birth to their daughter. You. But someone kidnapped you and killed your parents. And for years we waited for you to come of age so that we could find you. But Eldrax wanted more. He imprisoned me here and banished other dragons all over the world that tried to stand up against him. Since then, he's sent females here who have disobeyed him. And I haven't been able to escape. Anyhow, going off topic, Marcus...Or we should call him Valor'Cutzpah. He is the real ruler of the Shadowlands. He has the power to destroy anything at will or create anything. He told me all of this when Cronus told me to watch over him for a little bit when he was young. Anyhow, Valor'Cutzpah put Cronus in charge until he could find his mate to help him control his power. His magic, power and strength are too much for him alone to handle. So it is bestowed upon his 'Truemate' to help control his power. In legend, when he finds this 'Truemate', a war between good and evil will strike and the winner is decided by a poison tipped talon that will strike the winner down. 'Marcus' has been afraid of this legend for as long as I can remember.

He always told me that he would never find his truemate...but apparently he did' said Raphael sadly. Then I thought of something. 'The one woman that you talked about...she was your mate wasn't she? The other only female who had seen your human form....' I asked. Tears dripped from Raphael's eyes and I wrapped my arms around him. 'Eldrax! Eldrax killed her! Right in front of me! I couldn't do anything to help her! She died in my arms...' cried Raphael into my shoulder. I held him tight in my arms. 'I have been trapped her for 10 years! Killing every female sent here! I kill to survive. Without a female's life essence...I die. Any dragon dies if they don't feed from their female for a long time....' Sobbed Raphael. I stroked his hair as he kept crying into my shoulder and slowly his crying and sobbing slowed. 'Artemis...I'm sorry I broke the bond between you and Marcus...could you ever forgive me?' he said softly looking down at the stone. I smiled and stoked the side of his cheek. '10 years is a long time without a female...I understand.......do you...?' I asked gently and softly. He looked up into my eyes with a mixed look of happiness, sadness, lust, desire and yearning. 'Would Marcus....?' Asked Raphael. 'He would understand' I said softly and Raphael sat up. He then reached up and unclipped the chain from the collar around my throat and threw it onto the ground. He then unclipped the collar and threw it away as well.

I sighed as he caressed my cheek. He then began to trail his finger down my chin and down my throat. Which made me shiver and moan. 'I don't want to hurt you...but at the same time I need too....I want to......but.....' trailed Raphael. I smiled gently and wrapped my arms around his throat. I slowly brought his lips down onto my throat and I felt the small bond between Raphael and I break. My body almost sighed with relief. Then I suddenly felt Raphael pull back and sink his fangs into my throat. I gasped in pleasure and pain. Pleasure because I wanted it and pain because I knew it wasn't right and I was someone else's mate. Raphael fed on my life essence for a while then he pulled away. 'Thank you...' he whispered gently. 'I can help you get out of here...come with me...you can help us fight.....' I whispered as I wrapped my arms around his throat again.

'You would do that!? For me!?' he asked in surprise. 'Of course I would! You're like family to me!' I replied happily.