Chapter 2

Artemis was in so much shock that she couldn't even speak. 6 dragons!? Her!? Bonded!? It couldn't be possible! Thomas sat her own her bed and went into the bathroom to grab a towel. 'Those dragons out there Artemis, they are now your Familiars' said Thomas as he walked out of the bathroom with some wet towels. Thomas sat on the bed beside Artemis and Artemis sat up on the bed. 'Dra, dragons!?' gasped Artemis. 'Yes. Just relax for now. Let me clean off all of this blood. Who did this to you?' asked Thomas as he began to wash the blood of Artemis's face. 'Who do you think did it!? It was Helen and her group of friends!' yelled Artemis. Thomas kept washing the blood off her face and sighed. 'It's always Helen bullying you isn't it?' asked Thomas. Then suddenly Silver flew into the room and landed on Thomas's shoulder. Thomas kept washing but Artemis knew that he was talking to Silver with his mind.

Thomas bent down to pick up another towel and suddenly stopped, frozen in place. His face paled to such a white that you'd think he was dead. 'What!? What is it Thomas!?' asked Artemis. Thomas sat up and wiped the streak of blood off the side of her head. 'There's more Dragons outside' said Thomas with wide eyes. 'What!?' yelled Artemis as she stood up and wiped her face with a clean towel. 'Artemis! Your nose! It's healed! How?' yelled Thomas. I put my hand to my nose and it was as it was before it got punched by that girl in Helen's group. 'I don't know' said Artemis. 'How many are there out there?' asked Artemis with worry playing in her voice. 'Silver doesn't know the exact number, all she knows is that there is more than before' replied Thomas as he stood up and walked over to Artemis. 'How is this possible?' asked Artemis with wide eyes. 'Let's go out and see them' said Thomas leading Artemis outside. Thomas opened the front door and they both walked outside and stopped in amazement. Instead of the six dragons before, there was at least another ten plus the ones still flying up above them.

When the red dragon heard them walk out of the house, it raised its head and bowed it to Artemis. Artemis walked forward up in front of the red dragon and patted its head. Its scales were soft and smooth but still amazingly hard and sharp. Then the red dragon spoke in her head.

Artemis. We have all awaited the day we would meet you. (Red Dragon)

You have been waiting for this day?! You've been waiting for me!? Why are there so many of you?! (Artemis)

This isn't all of us Artemis. Some of us had to stay to protect the mountain even though they wanted to come. You're a warrior Artemis. You and Valkyrie. (RD)

How!? We're just normal girls! We couldn't be warriors!! (A)

You both are the Dragon warriors. Valkyrie is The Fire Dragon warrior but you, you're our leader. You're our Queen. (RD)

I can't be! (A)

You must come with us to our mountain. You can take your brother and Valkyrie. But no one else. (RD)

Ok (A)

Artemis turned to Thomas who was staring wide eyed at the red dragon. 'We have to go Thomas. To their mountain. You can stay if you wish' said Artemis softly. Thomas looked at Artemis and smiled softly. 'I'll come Artemis. No way am I staying here when my little sister is going to Dragon Mountain!' laughed Thomas. Valkyrie walked up beside Artemis and smiled. 'I'm coming too' said Valkyrie. The red dragon opened his talons and Artemis climbed into them. He lifted her onto his back and Artemis sat in between his shoulder blades and his wings. The red dragon then lifted Thomas up onto his back. 'I should sit up front in case you fall off' said Thomas with a big smile. 'Me? Fall off a dragon? In your dreams you owl!' laughed Artemis sticking her tongue out. The red dragon then spread its large, leathery, bat-like wings and flapped them, sending them into the air. All the other dragons, including Valkyrie and her dragon followed them as he headed west away from their village.