Chapter 8

(Marcus POV)

'Do you think it will have worked??' asked Cronus. 'Yes. She will have a feeling that she will have to know. Trust me. She'll come' I replied as I thought about Artemis. Then I felt something stir within me. Something that had been sleeping since I was sent here. And as it woke up, Artemis emotions filled my body. Fear, anger, rage, sadness, hope. She was here! But someone was hurting her. Then I heard her scream and so did Cronus. 'What was that!?' yelled Cronus. 'That was Artemis!!!!!' I yelled. Then I saw the four guards from the front gates land in the throne room. Two dropped Artemis and a golden baby dragon. 'We have captured the queen!!!!' sneered the leader of the group. Cronus smiled but looked at me. I was fuming and full of rage. Then suddenly Artemis screamed again and her whole body gleamed for a split second. This caught Cronos's attention and his eyes widened. Then her whole body writhed and she rolled onto her back and her back arched in agony. I couldn't take this anymore and I ran up to her side.

'Artemis!!!! Listen to me!!!! Listen to my voice!!!!' I yelled and her body tensed for a split second at my touch. Then our bond suddenly grabbed hold of us both and electricity surged from my palms to flow unrestricted to her heart.

(Artemis POV)

It paused mid beat as pleasure swirled though me, making my skin tingle as sensation lit me up. I breathed in deeply and the scent of smoke and damp leaves flowed into my nose. And I was getting a high from it. I opened my eyes and saw the man holding me in his arms. Then a name surfaced in my mind. 'Marcus....?' I whispered. He nodded and lifted me up bridal style in his arms. 'I will deal with you four later!!!' growled the man sitting on the throne. The four dragons growled at Marcus holding me but Marcus roared at them and they shivered. Marcus walked into a hallway and the man from the throne followed us. I closed my eyes and I could feel all the electricity flowing through me. Had I ever felt this good with Caleb? Nah! Never! Then suddenly Marcus turned a corner and opened a door and walked in.

Then I saw the baby dragon in the man's arms from the throne. Marcus laid me on the bed and I reached out for the baby dragon the man handed me the baby dragon and I hugged the dragon to my chest. His side was covered in blood but I still held him to me. Tears pricked my eyes. 'Mamma??!!' groaned the baby dragon. 'Yes! Yes I'm here! Mummy's here!' I whispered to the baby dragon and the dragon squealed in happiness. I smiled and tears fell down my cheeks. 'Why did those men attack me?!' I sobbed as I held the baby dragon. The man that had been sitting on the throne pulled a book off a shelf and opened it to a certain page. 'Let me help your dragon. Then we'll talk' said the man softy. I held the baby dragon to me tightly for a moment then I handed him to the man. Then I looked at Marcus. 'Do you remember anything about me??' asked Marcus. And the first thought that came to my mind was the memory I had seen when the baby dragon had been feeding.

'Yes....' I said blushing slightly. 'The spell must have weakened temporarily while you were feeding the baby dragon' smiled Marcus. 'You were watching me??' I asked. 'Through our watch glass. Marcus here has been watching you ever since he was banished here' replied the man. 'This is Cronus. He's the leader of our kind. Those dragons that attacked you, they are dark dragons. Known for awakening things in us. Like our deepest desires and dreams' whispered Marcus as he reached out and gently stroked my cheek. I moaned at his touch. Somehow, this felt right. Every time he touched me, I felt alive and free. Then I heard the baby dragon squeal in happiness. Cronus then handed him to me and I hugged him tightly to my chest. 'Are you ok Mama?? Your heart is beating really fast!!!' said the baby dragon. 'I'm ok. I'm just glad you're ok' I said with a blush. 'Now my dear. I have to try and remove this spell that is on you' said Cronus gently. 'How?!' I asked as panic swirled in me. 'Marcus and I will have to go into your mind. It won't hurt I promise' said Cronus gently. I looked at Marcus and he nodded and smiled softly.