Chapter 4

(Artemis POV)

I slept for a few hours until I woke up to the sound of heavy breathing. I opened my eyes and saw Marcus leaning against the door with his hands in his jeans. Then shock hit me. 'What are you doing in here!?' I yelled covering myself with the blanket even though I was still wearing my clothes from earlier. 'I just came to see if you were alright' said Marcus. He seemed different from when he had been staring at Thomas. He seemed gentler when it was just us in the room. He walked up beside the bed and sat down. 'Eldrax probably warned you to not let me touch you didn't he?' asked Marcus gently. His voice was soothing my nerves of him being in my room. I nodded slightly and my eyes started to drift closed. 'Please don't tell Eldrax I was in here your majesty' whispered Marcus next to my ear. His breath sent goose bumps up my arms and a shiver went down my spine. 'I won't...' I whispered as I felt Marcus's lips brush over my throat and we both gasped as a bolt of electricity went through us.

I felt my veins buzz with the new electricity in my veins. I opened my eyes a little and I saw Marcus rubbing his lips with his fingertips. His eyes were partially black as he watched me watching him. I slowly raised my hand and trailed my fingertips along his jaw line. We both gasped as that electric feeling kept buzzing through us. Marcus leant his face down closer to mine. I drew in a quick breath as Marcus's eyes went all black and I saw a pair of fangs in his mouth. I felt his breath on my cheek and I tilted my head to the side. Something in me told me to tilt my head for him. And I could feel his lips trail down my throat softly and gently. Then he stopped and drew back his head. Then I saw his fangs extend and my eyes fluttered closed. I braced for his fangs but suddenly I heard my door slam open and Marcus's weight lifted off the bed. I opened my eyes and sat up. I saw Marcus being held against the wall and Eldrax holding a flamed fist under Marcus's chin.

'I knew this would happen. But I didn't expect it to be so soon. Damn it! Are you okay Artemis?!' growled Eldrax. 'I, I......' I said trying to speak. That electricity was still buzzing in my veins, and I could feel myself starting to growl softly. 'Artemis. Don't do it!' said Eldrax as he turned and saw me growling softly. I slipped out of my bed and stalked slowly towards Eldrax. 'Artemis! Listen to me! You have to wake up from this! Don't let your emotions cloud your vision!' said Eldrax as I stalked even closer and stopped. I was awake. And my emotions weren't clouding my vision. He was the one who had come in here uninvited. 'Artemis!' cried Marcus as Eldrax tightened his grip around his throat. Marcus couldn't breathe properly and was going to pass out soon. I had to help him. I leapt at Eldrax and knocked him off Marcus and Marcus fell to his knees and began to breathe in big gasps of air. I pinned Eldrax to the ground and growled as he tried to push out of my grip. But surprisingly, I was stronger than him.

Then I could suddenly feel fire burning my flesh and I screamed and shot off Eldrax and I leant against the wall cradling my arm.

Eldrax walked over to Marcus and punched him in the face and he passed out. Eldrax picked Marcus up and swung him over his shoulder. 'I'll get Sylvia here to help heal you' said Eldrax as he walked out.