Chapter 29: Samuel

Ashley's POV

"Hey baby, can I buy you a drink?" The random guy talking to me asks, to which I smile and shake my head, raising the beer in my hand.

"You should get something stronger yknow, loosen up a bit" he tells me, leaning in to my ear as the music gets louder.
I feel a hand on my lower back, quickly making its way to my ass. I roll my eyes and slap it away "I'm taken buddy, sorry" I tell him and start walking to the packed dance floor.

A few minutes go by, I start dancing with the guys and enjoying myself, when somebody taps on my shoulder. I turn around and to no surprise there's the same guy. "Here, an apology for hitting on a taken man" he says with a smile, handing me a beer with a label written purely in another language.
"No worries dude" I tell him casually, taking the bottle from his hands.
I take a sip of it, the second it hits my tongue it starts burning, making me cringe slightly from the intensity. "Jesus, what is that?!" I ask, laughing. He shrugs his shoulders "The barmen recommended it, I think its German" he laughs back.
We end up talking for a while, as I do my best to drink the beer. I learn his name is Samuel, He's 24, a doctor, and recently divorced. I know, he's a little young for that. This fact, and the way he looked down in sadness as he told me so, made me feel bad for him, so I tried to be friendly.

I started feeling pretty tipsy by the time I'd drank half of the strange bottle, and the conversation turned into drunk nonsense, that we for no reason found extremely funny.
"I don't understand fucking pigeons, why the fuck do pigeons exist?" He slurs at me, making me burst out laughing. "I don't fucking know!"
"Hey gaybos, pose!" I hear CC shout, his phone pointed at us. I laugh and smile at the camera, and I feel Samuel get close to me.
There's a flash coming from CC's phone, but also a separate one coming from behind him, and its too dark for me to see a face, but I don't think about it.

I go to talking to Sam, and downing my drink, when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.
I take it out and do my best to focus on it in my slightly drunk state, and in see its from Andy, probably just checking up on me. I open it and read

'Ashley, get back now. I want a word with you.' Nervousness starts rising in my stomach, and I realise he also sent a picture. I open it and see me and Sam, just a moment ago posing for CC's picture, but it was from a different angle..Whoever took that other picture of us...sent it to Andy? Fuck, I'm in shit now...

"Sorry Sam, I-I gotta go, wanna exchange numbers?" I ask, not really caring what he says, trying desperately of what to say to Andy.
"Oh, sure!" He hands me his phone and I mine.
After numbers I jump up and speedwalk through the club, looking for the guys. I eventually find them and tell them I have to head back, and they all moan but don't try to stop me, and I walk as fast as I can out of the club.

Unknown POV

I was just trying to have a night out with my friends after I see those dicks acting all lovey-dovey on twitter, and suddenly they arrive. Why did they have to be in this city tonight?

I see Ash being hit on by some random guy and smirk to myself, deciding to keep a close eye on them.
I sit in the corner, quietly sipping my drink, as I watch them get more and more friendly, and more and more drunk.
The DJ decides to turn the music up, like a dick, and I can't hear the conversation anymore.
I start walking casually closer to them, my hair covering any face they might see, just in case.
The band idiot CC decides it's a good time to take pictures, and after a few snaps of himself, the other members, and just his general surroundings, he tells Ash and the random guy to stand up. I quickly grab my phone, knowing this was my time to attack. As they pose for CC, I sneak behind him and take a picture at the same time as him, so it wasn't as noticeable.
I quickly walk to the other end of the building, making sure I'm not seen by anyone.
I type in the number I know by heart, rather sadly, and simply attach the photo and press send.

Hey guys! I got a random boost of energy at 3am which meant I couldn't sleep so...you get an extra chapter (yaaay)
Ooh, some drama happening? ;))