Chapter 17

🐳 Alison's P.O.V. 🐳

"You made him watch ten chick-flicks?!" Alex asked in disbelief.

"Well, it's actually nine. I slept while watching 'Dear John' so I'm not really sure if he watched all ten movies." I said, as I put a little blue spot on my canvas.

My favourite subject would be Art, not because I'm talented in painting, but because we could do anything we want and Mrs. Johnson would give us all A's and B's. It's pretty much a relaxing class. Next to me was Alex, and he's the talented one. He does sketches, paintings, sculptures and anything else that you could think of. I'm lucky to have him with me in this class because he helps me finish my artwork without the teacher even noticing. Because of his help, I get a lot of A's.

Luke was supposed to be sitting on my other side, but he texted me saying that he has a cold, and wouldn't be able to go to school today. I was disappointed because I really wanted to tell him about what happened last Saturday.

Tyler did what I told him to do. We watched chick-flicks the whole day, and ate as much food as we can. I think he has a new appreciation for romantic movies because I saw him crying in 'The Notebook', not really crying, maybe a bit teary-eyed. I teased him about it, but he said it was because he's getting sleepy, and pretended to yawn. I still don't believe him, but I decided to drop it since I know it was hard for him to watch it. I mean, who knew he was such a Mommy's boy. I still teased him about it when no one's around, because if someone overhears us, I'll be getting my butt kicked.

"Still, watching nine chick-flicks is scary. How did you do it?" Alex asked. He was already done with his painting, and let me tell you, it looks amazing. It was a painting of a sunset, and he only did it for less than 30 minutes.

I gave him my painting, so he could finish it, or at least make it look presentable. I don't even know what I was painting. I think it was a building or a lake, I'm not really sure. The teacher went out which isn't a big surprise because she always goes out to the faculty to sleep, and comes back five minutes before the class ends.

"I have my ways." I answered back. Alex continued on improving my painting which now looks like a lake.

"Can you give me some advice?" Alex asked, looking at me directly.

"Yeah, sure."

"Kate and I are celebrating our 1st anniversary next month, and I have no idea what to give her or how to celebrate it."

"You can give her a painting." I suggested.

"But I already gave her one on her birthday. I'm just all out of ideas, and I really want to make this special for her. I know how girls treasure anniversaries, and I want to make her happy just like she makes me happy all the time."

I awed. "That's so sweet." He rolled his eyes. I started to put my imaginary thinking cap on, and that's when the idea hit me. "How about you go to an amusement park? Kate always tells me how she loves the rush she feels when she's in a rollercoaster, and that her family used to go there a lot when she was a child."

Alex smiled, giving me thumbs up. "That's a great idea."

"We could ask the guys to help us think of something that can make it extra special." I was getting excited. I love surprises especially when I'm in them.

"No way." he said he shook his head. "If we tell the guys about this, they'll all laugh at me." he said.

"They won't laugh if I threatened them with my fist." I put my fist up for him to see, and he nodded. Everyone knows I can punch, girl or boy.

"How will we able to talk about it when Kate is with us 24/7?"

"Well, you can drop her to her house after school, and then you can come to my place afterwards. She wouldn't know a thing. I'll tell the guys. I have last period with Tyler and Liam, and you tell Zack since you have next period together."

"That sounds like a plan." Alex gave me a high-five, and continued painting my work.

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*

It was five in the afternoon, and all of the guys are already here, except for Luke who couldn't make it. Alex was the last one to arrive since he had to drop off Kate, but it didn't take him too long. I already told the guys what they were doing here, and Alex was right, they did laugh, but not for long. I gave them warning looks, which they know what it means, and took it seriously. I decided to prepare some food since I know that guys won't last long without, and we all need thinking food, and by thinking food, I meant Cheetos.

"You're gathered here today in my living room, so we could think of an amazing surprise for Kate and Alex's 1st anniversary." I said, pacing back and forth.

"Why is Luke not here?" Zack asked, out of the blue.

I stopped my pacing. "Because he has a cold." I explained.

"Lucky bastard." Tyler mumbled, and I narrowed my eyes at him. He quickly realized his mistake, and zipped his mouth shut.

"Now, if I hear a complaint from any of you guys, there will be a punishment."

"But we're all guys, how are able to think of something romantic?" Liam asked.

"Not a problem, We're going to have a special weapon in our hands." I smiled.

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*

"Guys, I'd like you to meet The Hailey Martin." I gestured towards the laptop screen.

"Hailey, Ali made me watch ten chick-flicks that mostly she stole from you." Tyler tattle taled almost instantly.

I opened my mouth to say something, but Hailey beat me to it. "Did you like 'The Notebook' because that's my favorite movie?" she asked.

"Actually he-" I said, but Tyler covered my mouth so the word that came out of my mouth "cwied whoyo waatinng ip" which Hailey didn't understand at all. "It was okay." Tyler said. He let go, and I gave him a glare.

"Okay, enough tattle taling. This is serious. What do you recommend we do?"

"Well, you said she likes amusement park, you could-" she was interrupted by some loud music. "Hunter, lower down the volume, I'm talking to Ali on Skype!" she yelled.

"I don't give a damn!" Hunter yelled back.

"I have your X-box as hostage!" she yelled again, and after a few seconds, the music was gone. "Now, as I was saying, you could ride the ferris wheel on night, and it could stop on its highest point." she suggested.

"How will I able to do that?" Alex asked.

"Bribe the one who's operating the ride. I'm pretty sure a Benjamin Franklin can get the operator to reserve the whole ride for you guys."

"A Benjamin Franklin?! Can't it be an Andrew Jackson instead?"

"Make it 50 bucks. You don't want the operator to leave you there too long."

"I told you she was good." I said to Alex.

"Are my services still needed? I need give Hunter his X-box back before he tells mom. Tyler is not the only one who tattle tales."

"Hey!" Tyler said, clearly offended.

"No, it's all good. Thank you, Hailey; I'll call you again later."

"Wait!" Zack said. "Are you single?" he asked. I rolled my eyes. I so expected it from him.

"Sorry, I have a boyfriend." she said. Zack looked disappointed, but just nodded. "I gotta go. Bye!" she ended the call.

"I guess we have an anniversary to plan." I said to the guys.

**********************

Pls. Fan, Vote or Comment 👍