Chapter 5: Yours Are The Sweetest Eyes I've Ever Seen

Song Of The Chapter:  Your Song, Ellie Goulding

Emmy

In one swift movement, Brendon had attempted to snatch the gun from Marina's hands. This has caused Marina to trip him, point her gun to the roof, and shoot. I watched as a small hole in the roof appear and small crumbles of what had been there before fell like snow.

"Try me bxtch." (AN: 😉😉)

In this moment, Marina and Florence were the only ones in the room in terms of her minons. It was obvious that we out numbered her by quite a bit, but I had an uneasy feeling settling in the pit of my stomach.

"You don't think I'll shoot her, but I'm not afraid. We've hours left of the purge, as long as I kill her before 8 am, it's legal." Marina said, rage settling on her face.

My breath began to speed up as I realised the weight of the situation dawned on me. I looked up, into Brendon's beautiful chocolate brown eyes. They held so many emotions, secrets, but most of all, they held beauty and memories. I felt at ease while I looked into his eyes, they were the sweetest that I've ever seen.

Brendon was the type of person who would make you feel as if nothing else around us mattered. He was beautiful, and funny, and just an absolutely amazing person. His smile could cure the most broken of hearts. When we were away from each other, I would always feel a need for him to be right by my side again. Without him, I was lost.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Marina talking, but I didn't want to listen. If these were my last moments, I wanted to spend them looking into Brendon's eyes. The pain showed how much he cared for me, but I didn't want him to feel pain. I didn't want him to cry at my funeral if this were my last day. I wanted him to remember me for who I am, not these last moments, not with a bullet through my brain.

I wanted him to remember our long car rides, screaming songs at the top of our lungs with all of our windows open. I want him to remember us playing Nicky-Nicky-nine-door on the street that we grew up on. Most of all, I wanted him to move on with his life if I did kick the bucket.

I wanted Brendon to fall in love again, start his band, have a family! I wanted him to forget about me, and be happy. I wanted nothing more than to see him happy since I first fell in love with him.

I didn't just love Brendon though. I also loved all of our friends. If miss hearing Josh and Patrick harmonize for fun. I'd miss going skateboarding with Hayley and Nate. I'd miss how cute Jack and Alex were together. I would miss them.

I didn't want to die, but if I did, there would be no stopping it. Death doesn't make deals.

A tight grip on my arm and a loud bang pulled me out of my trance. I quickly investigated the scene around me, Hayley caught Marina off guard and kicked the gun out of her hand, as Jack punched her in the face, knocking her out. Florence was out within seconds of Marina. Brendon was the one who had grabbed my hand, pulling me down the stairs.

Once we got down, we realised the rest of the girls were outside, creating some type of barricade.

We had to think quickly, knowing that most of us can't hit for shit, so Marina would be up soon. We ended up running through the back door, jumping the fence.We made a run for it, our hearts racing.

If this day is my last, I'd like Brendon's eyes to still be the last thing that I see.