Chapter 3: I'd Give Up Forever To Touch You

Song Of The Chapter: Iris, The Goo Goo Dolls

Emmy

(this starts when she was taken from the group in chapter 1 + kidnapping trigger warning?)

I was walking behind the group, hoping and praying that Marina wouldn't notice me passing her. I heard the echo from my heart beat, shaking my whole body. A single tear slipped down my face. Once we almost passed her house, I tilted my head back, my wig falling to the floor. I hoped she wouldn't see it, and made an attempt to get in the middle of the group.

I kept walking thinking that we were home free, trying hard not to look back at Marina, when I felt one hand go over my mouth and one hand go around my waist, dragging me away from the group. I tried to scream and kick so somebody would notice my absence, but, I slowly began to feel sleepy, and, before I knew it, my eyes had drooped shut.

--------------------------

I woke up stiff, and tried to move from the awkward position I was sat in, when I remembered. I'm on my own now. Marina has me now. I began to struggle more, noticing the restraints strapping me to the chair I was sitting in.

I noticed that I was strapped to a chair, sat in front of the window that shows the view of the street in front of the house. I turned my head so I could examine the entire room. I was in one of the kitchens. It was a fairly boring room, all of the usual kitchen things. There was an oven, a sink, a microwave and a toaster, the usual. Other than that, there was a line of chairs set directly in front of me, lined up facing me.

I looked outside, thinking no harm could be done, to see many familiar faces. Everyone was down there, standing in front of Marina and her slaves. Essentially, that's all they are, Marina doesn't care for them. She just uses them to do her dirty work. I doubt they've ever gotten a 'please' or a 'thank you'.

I sighed, yes, I may have upset Marina in the past, but I've never done anything that could actually seriously damage her, or her reputation. How did I get into this mess? Why was the purge even still legal? The answers to those questions were beyond me, and only Marina could really answer them.

Still deep in thought, my chair was yanked away from the window and turned around abruptly. My face hardened into a mix of irritation and hatred. Her face shared the same expression, causing mine to turn into a smug one.

"Hello Esmerelda." Marina said, venom dripping from her tone. She always called me that, I never understood why. My birth name isn't Esmerelda, it's Emmy, I don't understand why Marina calls me Esmerelda as if she discovered a huge secret.

"It's just Emmy. It's literally just Emmy." I told her, the sass apparent in my voice. At this point, I was annoyed, yes, but I kept the smirk on my face. I knew it would annoy her.

I felt a familiar stinging sensation grace the side of my face, it burned a little, but it was nothing I couldn't take. I wanted nothing more than to slap her back, but that wasn't who I am. I never resort to physical violence.

I watched as Marina took out a briefcase, opening it on the table next to us. She opened it up to reveal weapons of all sorts. Her cold eyes bored into my hazel ones, as I felt someone tie up my long, light brown hair. I was still a bit scared, but I had to pretend like it wasn't affecting me.

"Why don't we have some fun?" Marina said coldly, her face adapting the smug expression now. "Florence, want to help?" Marina said, Florence emerged from behind me, mumbling a quick 'sure'.

--------------------------------

The next half an hour was filled with pain and torture. I had cuts and bruises all over my face, one long cut running from my left eyebrow all the way down to my sharp chin. It stung from the lemon juice that had been poured in, my face was no longer smug. Marina had broken me. (demigodInitiate YOU HAVE A REALLY FREAKING SHARP CHIN)

Suddenly, I heard movement causing me to look up from the spot on my hand that had become seemingly more interesting while I had to endure the pain. I wondered what it was, not wanting to look up, but I assumed Marina couldn't possible put me through more pain than I've already endured.

When I looked up, I was shocked, to say the least. There was my boyfriend and all of my friends, getting tied to chairs by Marina's other slaves. My eyebrows furrowed, how did they possible knock them all out? Pete and Patrick are both black belts in karate, and Dallon boxes, how did they get them to stop fighting back?

Their blindfolds were taken off and I could see the panic(!) written on Brendon's face. His beautiful brown eyes were revealed, and I looked into them, hoping this wouldn't be my last chance to. In that moment, I would give up forever to touch him, but, I knew he could feel me somehow.

-------------
Sorry this was short! But there! Have 2 updates! I actually plan on updating later actually. It's 3:30 approximately now, so if anything' wrong, please tell me. I hope you like them!

+ I have a question.... Do you guys actually like my stories or are they like every other cliche/bad story out there (you know which ones I'm talking about) like are they descriptive enough. Do you think they're actually good?