Chapter 1: I Took My Love Down To Violet Hill

Song Of The Chapter: Violet Hill, Coldplay

Brendon

As I handed out the guns and knives, I couldn't help but let a single tear slip down my face. This was our only choice. We had to purge or Emmy would die, I just knew it.

The girls at school didn't like her sassy comebacks and the fact that she didn't care what others thought about her. They wanted to destroy her, and now is their chance. I didn't really want to hurt them. I just wanted them to know that we are out purging and we are armed. Emmy almost died last purge and we weren't even purging, so it's better safe than sorry.

I put my arm around Emmy and prayed to any God that was listening, hoping that Emmy wouldn't get hurt. She is my sun and she lights up my entire world, I knew she would ever since I first realized what love really was. "Brenny?" I heard her say, snapping out of my trance.

"Yes Em?"

"I asked you a question...." She trailed off.

"I'm sorry, I was just thinking. You know me. What was your question?" I felt bad because she probably thought I was ignoring her. What kind of person would I be if I ignored her on a night like this? I had to let her know how much I loved her tonight, because if tonight was my last night with her, I'd want her to know that she's the only girl in the world in my eyes.

"Where are we going?" She asked me again, causing me to realise we had already started walking. I looked at her, my eyebrows furrowing, in an attempt to remember. My attention was lacking today, and I needed to fix that unless I wanted to get myself, or anybody else killed.

"Violet Hill." Dallon piped up. Violet Hill was the safest place in the city. The only time people were there was in the winter. Usually people went there after dates and sat in the snow on top of the hill. It's June though, no one will be there.

I was too lost in my thoughts to realise we were passing the houses of the rich families, the girls who hated Emmy occupied most of those houses. "Emmy run to Violet Hill. Go with Hayley, Patrick and Nate. The rest of us have some business to take care of." I told her and watched as they began to run.

The rest of us all began to enter houses together, in each house we'd shoot into the air and call out "This is your warning". Of course we didn't know if the girls were in there, but it wouldn't hurt letting them know that we are armed and if they hurt Emmy we will hurt them.

From there we all ran to Violet Hill, to meet the girls, Patrick and Nate.

----------------------------------------

When we got there they were all sitting down looking at the view from the hill. The Hill is called violet hill because the lake water and the hill are strangely purple. Nobody has ever questioned it though, so we left it alone. Before everyone else went to sit down, I suggested we sit in a circle so we could see all around us.

"So, any plans for College?" Pete asked, looking around the circle at everyone. It was our senior year of high school, so those of us who still lived with our parents were forced to chose a future plan. I smirked, glad Emmy and I had moved out the minute both of us were 18.

"I'm actually starting a band with a few kids from school." Hayley told us. Everyone looked shocked except for Emmy. This lead to us finding out that apparently, everyone except for Emmy planned on starting a band when they left school. I let out a slight chuckle, knowing that was typical of all of us. We've always found a way to avoid the future, some way or another.

Patrick and Pete were actually starting a band with 2 kids from school and they were going to call it 'Fall Out Boy'. Alex and Jack were starting a band with 2 boys I actually know, and they were going to call it 'All Time Low', named after a New Found Glory lyric.

Nate and Josh were starting bands separately with other kids from our school who I didn't know, and Dallon and I are starting a band, but we are split between 'Panic! At The Disco' or 'The Brobecks' as our name.

"I just want to be a kindergarten teacher." Emmy said, brushing her hair back behind her ear. Emmy has always been good with kids. Ever since we were actual kids, she would talk about how much she wants children. I spaced out, a small smile on my face, as I imagined Emmy and I with a big, happy family.

"If I have kids they'll be going to school with you as a teacher." I told her, leaning in and giving her a kiss on the cheek. She blushed and giggled, looking down at her hands. "Hopefully my kids will be your kids too." I mumbled under my breath, hoping nobody heard it. Emmy's cheeks turned red like a tomato, signaling that, yup, she had indeed heard it. That caused me to blush also.

We went on to have some random conversations when Josh suggested we take a walk. I agreed knowing the hill could go on forever probably. During the spring there was an average of 300 couples here at a time, so I knew we'd be able to walk as far as we'd like with out encountering anybody on the hill.

We began to walk, Emmy and I were hand-in-hand, leading the group. "Do you guys really want to purge?" Emmy asked. I thought about it for a second, I didn't really want to kill anybody, but, if I have to, I will, however a little steali-err shopping couldn't hurt.

"Sure. I don't want to kill anyone, but, why don't we go shopping?" I told her with a wink.

"LETS GO TO HOT TOPIC!" Pete shouted from the very back of the group, Josh humming as to agree with him.

"Okay, we can, but, after can we go to the supermarket?" Emmy chimed in.

"Why in the world?" Nate questioned.

"Watermelon......" Emmy mumbled, trailing off.

"Fine, let's go, but we need to come back here where it's safe after." I enforced.

-------------------------------------------------

After Pete raided basically all of Hot Topic, we headed to Walmart to get Emmy some watermelons- or should I say, watermelon things.

"OOOH WATERMELON CANDIES!"

"SOCKS!"

"ITS A WATERMELON SHIRT EEEK!"

Let's just say Emmy really liked watermelons. After getting anything watermelon we could find, we left and headed back to Violet Hill. This time I was leading, and Emmy was in the back of the group, chatting with Patrick.

Outside of the rich bitch houses, we noticed the queen bee of them all, Marina. (AN: YOU DONT UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH IT PAINS ME TO MAKE MARINA A VILLAIN - Jess) Not only was she outside her house, but, she had a huge riffle. Where the heck did she get that? I looked back at Emmy, making sure she was alright. She was looking down, trying her best to shrink behind the group, so Marina wouldn't notice her. I knew she was thinking the same things that I was, but I wanted nothing more than to comfort her.

As we approached I handed everyone a mask. "Just walk past her, if she does anything I'll shoot her, put this on Emmy." I said, handing Emmy a red wig to go over her brown hair. Marina would kill Emmy if she seen her, no doubt. Emmy hated Marina most out of the plastic clique, and she made sure to always embarrass Marina with her sassy comebacks.

We ended up walking straight past Marina, me still leading the group. None of us looked back though, in fear that Marina would notice. We got to Violet Hill and sat down in our normal circle. I looked straight forward to see if everyone was there, because although I didn't hear a shot, it's better safe than sorry.

That's when I noticed.

Emmy wasn't sitting in front of me anymore.

Emmy was gone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter actually is edited, but, if you see any mistakes feel free to tell me. What do you guys think of the story so far? Updates every Monday now!

I didn't think anyone liked this story TBH I thought this was one of my least liked stories.

Warning: The next few chapters will be graphic (perhaps). And there might be trigger warnings.