17. Quick Kiss Quick Day

Start from the beginning

"No, wait." I say hastily.

"What?" he asks clearly annoyed with me. I put my hands on either side of his face and pull him in for another kiss. This time though I put all my feelings in it and make sure he knows I love him. Most importantly I want him to know I'm sorry for being an asshole. We pull apart slowly and his eyes are wide.

"Love you, Lukey." he mumbles with a blush and quickly gets out of my car. I chuckle at his actions and pull out of the parking lot since I don't have work today. As I begin driving home I curse myself for silently praying he doesn't get the job.

-

-Michael's POV-

I feel myself tremble slightly as I make my way to the room the voice told me over the phone. I feel all my nerves catching up with me and I take a deep breath trying to calm myself. It's only an interview and if I don't get the job then it's not the end of the world. I take one last breath before knocking on the room marked B23. Only a few moments pass before a rather tall man swings open the door. He flashes me a smile and sticks out his hand.

"Hi! You must be Michael Clifford!" he greets enthusiastically.

"Oh, uhm yes! Hi, nice to meet you!" I greet awkwardly. I groan internally at myself and try to straighten myself out.

"My name is Jack and I would the person you'd assist." he says and leads me into what I assume is his office.

"In other words, my boss?" I ask timidly.

"If you want to put it like that then yes." he says with a grin. Jack's blonde hair falls a little in his face but he's quick to fix it. I can't help but notice how much he resembles Luke. Both have blonde hair and blue eyes with a cute smile. I make a mental note to keep that last part to myself.

"Shall we get started then?" Jack asks politely and I already take a liking to him. He's nothing like I thought he would be with the way Luke was talking about him. The interview started with some simple questions such as why I wanted to work, why I thought I'd be a good fit, and my past work experience which happened to be none. I felt everything was going smoothly until Jack asks a rather strange question.

"So, Michael," he begins, "do you know Luke Hemmings?" I feel a little uneasy about the random question but manage to keep myself sorted.

"Y-yes, sir. I do." I stutter out. He nods mostly to himself and then continues.

"I've heard him talk about a boy named Michael quite a bit and from the sounds of it he quite fancies you. I figured you must be the same Michael."

"How do you figure that sir?" I ask tentatively.

"He describes you as a cute, dirty-blonde male who blushes easily." he muses and leans forwards on his desk. I flush at the idea of Luke telling his co-workers about me and I don't know if I should feel embarrassed or what.

"I, well, sorry I suppose." I manage to get out without stuttering too badly.

"Don't apologize at all! I'm quite happy to finally be meeting you in person since I've heard so much about you. I feel like I already know you so I guessed you'd be a good fit for my assistant!" he concludes and rises from his seat. "How would you like a job?"

"What?" I ask bewildered. I stare up at Jack in shock with my jaw hanging open.

"I'm would like to hire you if you wish to accept." Jack says.

"Absolutely! Thank you, sir!" I exclaim and raise from my seat to shake his hand.

"No problem at all! Happy to hire you, Michael. I think you'll be a great addition to my staff." he says with a slight smirk. And even though I feel excitement and happiness course throughout my body I can't help the small twinge of caution that sweeps through me.

"When would you like me to start, sir?" I decide on asking since I figure that's pretty important.

"How about tomorrow since it's Sunday? I can train you then so you'll be ready for next weekend, if that's alright with you." Jack suggests and sits back down. I follow his actions and fold my hands in my lap. That's somewhat of a habit thanks to Luke. He likes it when I wait for him in his bedroom sitting on my knees with my hands in my lap completely naked. I try to shake that thought from my head while sitting in front of my new boss.

"That sounds perfect, thank you!" I say and try to keep myself calm.

"Great! It was a pleasure meeting you Michael and I'll see you tomorrow same place but at 8am instead." he informs me and with that we say our good byes and I'm heading for the building's exit. I get outside and text Luke to let him know I'm done. He texts me back saying he'll be there in 15 minutes. I was just about to turn on my music to keep me entertained when I suddenly hear a voice.

"Michael?"

~~~

A/N Cliff hangers are fun, don't you agree? I'm dying with all the support and stuff I'm getting like holy cow I'm dead. Thank you all so much for voting, commenting, following, and reading!!<3 Love you all :D

~Mitchy<3333 xxxxxx

(PS 7k reads and 533 votes omg ;-; THANK YOU<3)
Also Jack Hemmings is Jack in the story c: