four. time to party

illuminated

illuminated

-

Power outages, Joey hated them with a passion. No red or green lights on roads, no lights in bathrooms, the list went on and on as to why he hated them. The power had been out for maybe two hours before he had gotten a call from Stiles, informing the Demigod on what had happened with Barrow and Kira. It was crazy to say the least. As far as Joey was concerned, Kira was human. Why would the man so content on killing kids with glowing eyes go after someone that didn't fit the memo?

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Joey climbed into his bed and pulled the covers over his body. Rolling over, he groaned, shoving his face into a pillow. He still had school tomorrow.

-

"Class starts in five minutes. Just because there's no power don't expect there to be no school." Coach said through a megaphone as he walked through the hallways of the school. Joey stood at his locker and grabbed his needed books for his biology class. Not only did he hate power outages, but biology also made that list. At least there were a few cute guys he could look at instead of doing his work. Walking into the class and taking his seat, he saw Lydia sitting at the front with Aiden, a name he had recently learned. Lydia began talking to the teacher and then moved to focus her attention to the twin beside her. He didn't listen in, not wanting to bug in on something that was none of his business, but he could tell by the change in Aidens body language that it had not ended on a happy note. 

"Okay, if everyone could please open your textbooks to chapter 4. We will begin the lesson momentarily." Ms. Martin said as she adjusted her dress and took her seat at her desk. This was going to be a long day.

-

Nadia was sitting at lunch with Mason, eating as he rambled on about one of their classes. Their upcoming exam stressing him out to the nines. Looking up at her friend she smiled and grabbed his hand. "Mace, you're going to do fine! Stop stressing so much! The more you stress, the worse you'll feel about it."

He gave her a smile before taking a bite of his sandwich. "Well, stressing is what I do! I wish I could not worry about things like you do, but my brain is not as intelligent as your is!" Nadia laughed at his statement knowing that he was just being generous. She wasn't a complete genius. Compared to her brother? Maybe in that case. "Oh! Also, there's this blacklight party tonight, I wanted to go but my friend wants me to come to his lacrosse scrimmage at one of our rival schools." Mason trailed off from his offer, knowing he didn't want to say much about said friend to her. He wanted to keep his friends seperate, not in a bad way, but he feared they would be too different from each other. He didn't want to pick sides. Nadia was soft, but cold. Fearless in a way. But she was sensitive, and she even admitted to that. "Anyways, you should totally go to the party!"