one. new kids

anchors

__

Waking up for school was no difficult task for Joey Tucker, his sister however, took nearly 30 minutes to get out of bed. They had severely different morning routines. He would get up, shower, change, eat, and then leave. Nadia however, took her sweet time getting up, followed by picking out her outfits, doing her hair and makeup perfectly, making a legitimate breakfast from scratch, double checking everything she was wearing; changing if necessary, and then finally she'd be ready to head out. To put it simple, Joey was glad he wasn't a girl.

"Hey don't forget you guys are supposed to meet with the principle this morning." Their mother reminded as her two children got ready to head to the olders car. Shooting her a thumbs up, Joey grabbed his backpack from the kitchen island and headed out the door. "Ya know, I hope the principle isn't going to give us a tour."

"Maybe we will get a student or something." Nadia replied, opening the car door.

-

"Welcome to Beacon Hills High School." Principal Johnson exclaimed with little to no amusement. He returned to looking at the files, flipping through countless previous school enrollments and grade records. "It's been brought to my attention that you two move quite frequently, are we thinking this is a permanent enrollment?"

"Hopefully yes, sir." Joey answered as the principal stared them down. "Well good, I'll be having a student walk you around campus. Her name is Lydia and she should be here any minute."

Nadia fumbled with the side of her jacket and looking out the window of the office. "Perfect."

Waiting was not something the siblings were good at so when Lydia walked into the principal's office nearly five minutes later they both smiled in relief. "Hi! I'm Lydia Martin, I'm going to be showing you guys around the school."

"Cool, I'm Joey." He told, quickly standing up from his seat and throwing his backpack over his shoulder. Nadia grabbed her bag from the floor and shot the red head a warm smile before telling her name.

Not knowing if her brother had the same feeling or not, Nadia instantly felt connected to this girl, like there was more to her than just what she was letting on. Almost as if she was different like they were. She isn't one to make assumptions though, quickly letting the feeling ease so that their morning tour could be as smooth as possible.

"And this is your first class Joey, History with Mr. Yukimura. If you need anything don't hesitate to find me or ask around! Have fun!" Lydia gushed as she motioned for Nadia to follow her. Joey looked at the door before knocking. An older asian man opened the door with a smile, followed by him pointing to an open seat near the middle of the class. A few students gave Joey some questioning looks but looked up to the front as mr. Yukimura continued to talk.

"As I was saying, my name is Mr. Yukimura. I'll be taking over for your previous history teacher. My family and I moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure, by now, you all know my daughter, Kira." Everyone was silent. "Or you might not since she's never actually mentioned anyone from school. Or brought a friend home for that matter." He sighed before pointing towards a girl in the back row. Her head quickly falling to hide her embarrassment, but as everyone turned to look towards her, she lifted her head and gave a small smile. "Either way, there she is. It also looks like we have another new student. What's your name?" Mr Yukimura asked raising his arm towards Joey.

"Uh, my names Joey Tucker." Joey said nervously as everyone looked in his direction. He didn't know why he was so nervous for introductions, he'd done this countless time in all the schools he ever attended. What made this one so different? "Well, we are glad to have you Mr. Tucker. Now, let's begin with American History at the turn of the 20th century."

-

After class, Joey was standing at his given locker, struggling to get it open. He noticed his History teacher talking to his daughter, Kira, if he remembered correctly. He followed her gaze to the two boys standing near him and eyed them down before one quickly hid his face using his friend for cover. But Joey saw, he saw his red eyes.

-

"I'm telling you NaNa, he had red eyes. Like they were blood red." Joey emphasized, using his hands to show his seriousness. He wanted her opinion, to know if he was just going crazy.

"Are you sure they were red? You could just be seeing things." She insinuated looking at him funny. "Do you think he's like us?"

"No, definitely not like us."

-

"How was school you two?" Their mother asked as she walked through the front door of their house, hanging up her coat and purse.

"Super uninteresting, but I made a few friends. " Nadia told as she set out plates for dinner. This was their typical routine; get home, start on homework, and make start on dinner as they waited for their mother to get home. "That's good Sweetie. What about you Joey?"

"Um. Nothing super crazy, but I did see a guy with red eyes today." "Red eyes?" "Yeah, red." Isabelle looked at her child in disbelief, maybe Beacon Hills wasn't what they thought it was, but she knew that this was only the beginning. She shook off what her son had said and went around to the kitchen, helping where she could. As dinner was set, the three of them sat down and went on to eat, continuing to talk about their days. As they finished up, Isabelle looked up at her children and sighed, "Look, I don't know what you saw today Joey, but the two of you need to be careful. Make sure you have your bracelets on at all times and don't forget your other...things." She quietly paused to look at her surroundings before continuing. "We don't need anything or anyone suspicious or out of the ordinary knowing what the two of you are. I don't want them to find you."

"They won't, Mom, you don't have to worry about us. You know we can take care of ourselves." Joey reassured looking at his sister for approval as she nodded in agreement. This was going to be an interesting week.