Sixty

SONGS OF THE CHAPTER:
Torn by One Direction version, I like them singing it more than the original singer
Moments by One Direction
Stay With Me by Sam Smith.___________________________________________________

Melanie's Pov

I was scared to enter mom's hospital room but I did entered with the thought of not facing Harry for a while. Crazy thought but still it worked as I entered the room. I sobbed more seeing the lifeless body of my mother lying on the hospital bed with the oxygen mask covering her mouth and nose. The only small plus point was that she didnt look burned because of the fire incident but there small bruises here and there. I came closer holding her hand in mine.

"Mom, its me Melanie, Im sorry for what happened, please wake up...mommyyy please you cant leave me...I need you"I cried squeezing her hand in mine and hoping she would response by squeezing back but she was still not moving.

I lost daddy years ago, I couldnt lose mommy now. She was my only family left.

Why me? What did I do? Why Harry why? How could you?

"Mom mom please can you hear me? Squeeze my hand, tell me you're ok, you'll be ok... I wont let Harry close to you anymore"I said sadly feeling very bad about this.

You seriously think Harry would have done this to your mom? Man Melanie if someone was fucked up, its you and only you, not him.

I dont know anymore

"MOMMYYYY PLEASE YOU CANT DIE, STAY WITH ME"I cried louder and this time I climbed on her bed next to her hugging her body crying like a baby on her chest that wasnt moving, no breathing movements. Why why why why? I kissed her forehead once and just lied down with her as I missed her so so so much. When suddently I opened my eyes after hearing another sound in the room except my voice, that voice was a complete shock to me, happy unexpected shock.

Mom.

"Me-Melly Mel? Is it you?"Mom slowly weakly asked and I looked up still lying down with her looking at her so happy shocked and tears streaming down my face. She was awake ? Just after hearing my voice? Now that was a miracle. Thank you Lord, sooooo much.

"Oh Mom, you alright, Im here. "I hugged her so happily in my arms and she smiled widely but her voice was still soft, healing but soft.

"I think I only needed my baby girl with me. Im so glad you're ok but you're not supposed to be here, Cheshire was the safest place for you, you should stay with Harry, baby girl"Mom said softly and my smile faded when she said Harry's name. What made her think I would be safe with the one who tried to kill her? Oh mom!

Melanie, you're an idiot!

Shut up!

"What are you saying? You're in here because of Harry he s the one who--"I said nervously and she cut me off laughing like she wasnt on my side.

"How could you think that? That boy wouldnt hurt a fly. Who told you Harry caused the fire huh? Its not Harry"Mom said seriously and I didnt say anything looking down. Could it be true or mom lost her memory? Man I have trust issues.

"Do you remember what happened that day?"I asked her softly and she held my hand.

"There was this woman, apparently my boss's wife so I invited her in, with Tara we three had a nice time just talking until when she gave a wrapped present that I opened in my room. There was a note on it, a very threatening note for you and when I tear the wrapper everything went black"Mom said as she was remembering everything and I gasped at the crazy realisation and felt so bad like a very very bad girlfriend who accused Harry who has done nothing wrong.