Unexpected Love 17: Truly epic

When I woke up the next morning I opened my eyes slowly to see Chris lying next to me, already awake, staring at me.

            “Hey,” I said quietly.

            “Hey. Sleep well?” He smiled, propping himself up on his elbow.

            I nodded, rubbing my eyes. “For the first night in a long time I didn’t have insomnia.”

            “You suffer from insomnia?”

            “Greatly.”

            “Well, I’m happy to have been of service.”

            I laughed. “It was much appreciated. Do you ask for some form of payment?”

            “Wouldn’t that be the best job in the world? To make love to you?” I smiled slightly at his words. “It was mutually beneficial, I don’t need any payment.”

            “That’s too bad. I was thinking of a fun way to pay you back. A mutually beneficial way.”

            Chris grinned at me. “Well, maybe I’ll have to reconsider.” He leaned into me and kissed me softly.

            Unfortunately my cell phone, which had been in my jeans’ pocket, chose this moment to ring. I whimpered in frustration. “Hold that thought.”

            I got out of the bed stark naked, but I figured it was nothing to be shy about; Chris had seen it all last night anyway. Fishing my phone out of the jeans, I answered it to hear Jack urgently asking me where the hell I was.

            I winced. “I’m fine, Jack. Yeah – no, I just crashed at someone’s place close by, rather than try to find the hotel early this morning.”

            “I was worried! I woke up and there was no sign of you!”

            “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Listen, will you cover for me to Mum and Dad? Tell them I got up early to have breakfast with friends, alright?”

            “Yeah, alright. Your phone is charged and has credit, right?”

            “Yes.”

            “When will you grace us with your presence again?”

            I rolled my eyes. “This afternoon.”

            “You better have had a truly epic night, Gem. Keep me posted if I need to change the story I tell Mum and Dad.”

            “Oh, it was truly epic,” I said, grinning at Chris, who was still lying in bed with his hands folded behind his head as he watched me. He smirked back at me and ran his tongue along his bottom lip as he looked me up and down. That had to be the sexiest thing I had ever seen.

            I had to suppress a moan at the clear lustful message his look was sending. “Jack, I’ll see you later.” I quickly disconnected the call and tossed the phone back down on the floor.       

            When I finally left Chris’s place later that day – much later, in fact – I couldn’t keep the wide grin off my face. I tried, I really did, but it didn’t matter what I thought about, how stern I was with myself, the smile stayed put. I knew I had to get myself under control before I saw my parents and, especially, Jack. Jack would know something was up and pester me about it until I told him. And I really didn’t want to tell him about Chris.