I woke up to be faced with the most gorgeous girl I have ever laid my eyes on.

I watched Leigh as she slept; she looked so peaceful just lying there. I smiled at her while moving strands of hair away from her face.

I'm nervous about today, I have to tell her important news and I don't know how she's going to take it.

I had a quick shower before getting dressed; Leigh was still asleep so I went downstairs. "Morning hunny, how you feeling?" Mum asked.

"Yeah, fine! I'm just nervous about Leigh and what her reaction is going to be."

"Don't think too much into it Aiden. I'm sure she'll be okay with it, I promise it."

I sat down and sighed. I'm probably just over-thinking about it, but I can't help it.

*

"Where you taking me?" Leigh asked.

"Somewhere special!" I replied. I wanted it to be a surprise.

We walked up to the building and walked in. I told her she needed to dress up this evening because I was going to take her out.

I looked to her to see she was taking in the views of the building. "Beautiful isn't it?" She looked at me and nodded. "Just like you!" I carried on.

I took hold of her hand and we followed a man into the next room.

The room he led us too was like heaven. It was lit by candles, there was a table set out ready. It was separate from everyone else which meant that we were on our own in this room.

"Aiden, you did this? But why?" She turned round to look at me.

"Because I wanted to! You mean everything to me, Leigh! I just wanted to show it to you."

We sat down at the table. Leigh was still looking around the room; I don't blame her, it was beautiful in here, I can't believe how well they've done it all.

"What's this is in aid for?" She asked.

"Can't I just treat my beautiful girlfriend to a nice meal?"

"Not when there's no reason behind it. What have you done now?" I shuck my head, there was a reason for me taking her out but I'm not going to tell her just yet.

The food we ordered had arrived so we ate it. We sat in silence throughout eating the food.

When we finished the main, I took hold of Leigh's hand. "What's the matter?" She asked.

"There's something I need to tell you!" I took a deep breath, before looking down.

"Leigh, I'm moving away. I'm going to university in Ireland! I found out I got the place a week ago but I was unsure whether I actually wanted to go. You see, if I move away then I won't be back until every few weeks, like Christmas and Easter. I won't see you as often."

I didn't look at her while I said this to her. I didn't know what to expect from her.

"When do you leave?" She asked.

"Two weeks!"

"Well then, it looks like we'll have to spend a lot of time together during the next two weeks before you leave!"

I looked up to her "Aren't you mad at me?" I asked. She shuck her head "Why would I be? I'm disappointed that I won't see you as much but that's something I'm going to put up with."

"Do you think we'll get through it though? I'm going to be in a different country for weeks at a time. You're not going to leave me are you? What if you find someone else while I'm gone?"

"Aiden, shut up! I'm not going to find other man while you're gone. You're the only person I love and want so I don't need anyone else. I'll always be waiting for you when you get back, I promise!"

I looked at her and smiled. A part of me thinks that she shouldn't be this, fine, over it. I don't know; maybe I'm just over reacting.

*Two weeks later*

I don't know how to feel. I'm just feeling really emotional. I'm fully packed for university and I should be bringing my cases downstairs but I can't.

I sat on my bed, huddling my legs to my chest. I cried because I feel scared more than anything. I'm moving away from home, moving away from my parents and moving away from Leigh.

She's been there for me recently and I don't know what I'm going to do without her. I feel lost just thinking about leaving here. I know I'll be back and I'm only just a phone call away but that's different. I haven't got them with me personally to help me, to make sure I don't do something stupid if I have an off day.

That's what I fear the most. If I have an off day? Who's going to be there to help me? To pick me up when I crash? Or to stop me from overdosing myself with pills?

What if I do hate it here? That would make me feel worse.

"Aiden, don't cry. We're all going to be here when you get back; nothing's going to change I promise you." Mum came up to me and kissed my forehead.

"I'm going to miss you like mad Aiden. It even seems different looking around your room, with none of your posters. It feels odd you moving away to go university!" I stood up and hugged into her. "I'm going to miss you!" I whispered.

*Leigh's POV*

The last of Aiden's cases where put in the taxi. Tears rolled down my face, I couldn't hold them back, and I didn't want to show Aiden that I was hurt by his decision to move to Ireland to go university. I'm happy for him but I want him here, he's my life at the moment and I don't want to lose him. Tasha hugged into my leg when she saw me crying "No cry Leigh!" she said. I down into her little face. She's so innocent looking.

Aiden came up to me and hugged into me really tightly. I cried into him, I felt so safe being in his arms. It's like everyone else doesn't matter. The moments with him are perfect; I'm going to miss these over the next few months that he's away.

"I love you Aiden!" I whispered "So much!"

"I love you too Leigh! Never forget that, please?"

He said his goodbyes to everyone else before getting into the taxi. I watched as it drove away and as my heart broke. I feel like I'm losing him all over again, but this time it hurts more.