Chapter Sixteen

We spend almost the whole day with my dad. He fell asleep a couple of times but he'd wake up just a few minutes later. At around 5 pm my dad started trying to convince us to go home.

"Claire you guys have to attend school on monday. I won't let you skip school just to sit on the side of your old dad's hospital bed.

"You're not old dad. And we can stay here it doesn't matter, we can go home tomorrow." I don't want to leave my dad's side even though his injuries weren't that bad.

"How about this, you two go spend the night at our house, the spare key is still where it used to be, and in the morning you come by before you head home? I'm fine Claire, the nurses will take care of me and Nadine is already on her plane back, she'll be here in a couple of hours, I won't be alone." Nadine is my Dad's girlfriend, he had dropped her of at the airport before he got in the accident. When she heard what happened she immediatly booked a flight back.

"Fine." I let out a sigh and looked over at Stiles to make sure he was okay with it. He just shrugged his shoulders and got up from his seat. I gave my Dad one last hug. "We'll come by tomorrow morning okay?" He nodded and shooed us out of the room. When we had left the room Stiles immediatly grabbed my hand and we made our way to his car like that. We got in without any of us saying something, we were both exhausted. When we were on the road Stiles placed his hand on my knee while I gave him directions to my father's house. When we arrived Stiles' mouth was agape. My Dad's house was nothing like our house in Beacon Hills, he was the CEO of some important company and made a lot of money, so his house wasn't really a house, more like mansion. But I liked our house in Beacon Hills better. It was cozier.

"Wow. I didn't know you were filthy rich." Stiles breathed out and I chuckled.

"I'm not, my father is." We were standing in front of the gate and I told Stiles the code to open it. It opened up and we drove up the drive way parking the Jeep infront of the door. "You can park the Jeep here, noone will care." I said jumping out of the Jeep and looking for the spare key in the flower pot next to the door. Not really a unique way of hiding a spare key but my father was certain that the gate was the main obstacle. I quickly found the key and opened up the door. Stiles hand was on the small of my back the whole time and I loved how he always kept body contact, even if it only were his fingertips brushing lightly over my skin. "You wanna eat something?" I entered the huge kitchen which was rarely used. My father and Nadine mostly ate at restaurants. I opened the fridge to see it almost empty and then the freezer to find frozen pizza. "We have the amazing choice between frozen pizza and frozen pizza." I turned around to look at Stiles smiling. He was smiling back and put his finger up to his chin pretending to think hard.

"Tough decision but I think I'd rather have frozen pizza."

"Thank god! If you would've decided on frozen pizza I would've thought you're crazy." I laughed and Stiles joined in. I preheated the oven and unwrapped the pizzas as Stiles wrapped his arms around me from behind. I loved it. His head was resting on my shoulder and my heartbeat quickened involuntarily. When the oven was ready I put the pizzas inside starting the timer. I turned around in Stiles arms and wrapped mine around his neck pulling him into a hug. "Thank you." I breathed again. I don't think I could say 'thank you' enough for what he had done for me since yesterday. Not only did he drive me all the way here to see my Dad, who wasn't even that badly injured but I didn't know back then. He also was there for me when I needed him. Not to forget he remembered to bring extra clothes, which I was still wearing. I was already plotting a plan on keeping the sweater, it was comfy and smelled nice.

"Stop thanking me it-" he was interrupted by his phone. He sighed and fished it out of his pocket and answered it, his other arm still around my waist. "Hello? Hi Scott." He looked at me rolling his eyes. I chuckled lightly while he listened on what Scott was saying. "Nope I'm not coming. Yeah I know Lydia froced us to but there's no place I'd rather be right now." His words made my heart melt and he smiled at me cheekily. "It's kind of a long story Scott. Even if I wanted to I wouldn't make it in time." He rolled his eyes once again. "I'll tell you monday okay? Yep, have fun, bye." With that he hung up the phone. "Scott was wondering if I was coming with him to Lydia's party." I nodded and laughed lightly. He was right even if we wanted to we wouldn't make it in time. It was currently already half past seven. And it seemed like Stiles wouldn't want to leave anyways. We kept standing in the kitchen arms wrapped around each other until the timer for the pizza went off. I untangled myself from Stiles to put the pizzas on plates and put them on the table with cutlery and two glasses. I poured us some water and sat down across from Stiles. We ate in silence. A comfrotable silence. It seemed like we were both deep in thought. I was mostly thinking about how my thinking towards Stiles had changed. I thought he was that cold hearted idiot who didn't care for others, when in reality he cared so much.

"I think I should explain myself." Stiles suddenly spoke up while I was putting away the plates.

"Huh?" I asked not knowing what he was talking about.

"I should explain why I acted the way I did, that day in freshman year I mean. I feel like I made a stupid mistake and I'd like to explain why I acted like a total asshole when you got back. And what I said at that party, and why I asked you to forget about it." I was speechless for a second. I didn't expect him to ever explain what happened. But I was happy to finally get some answers.

Vote/Comment/Share

Next chapter you guys will finally read what happened between Stiles and Claire in freshman year!!