It was going to be a busy day despite the fact that I was working from home today. There was no rest. I showered and dressed in a peach pencil skirt and a silk blouse and a jacket to match. I let my dirty blond hair hang down. I usually kept it in a pony but I was feeling lazy. Besides I had had it up all week. I was starting to get a headache.

Grabbing my phones (yes I mean multiple. I have three phones, I was a busy person) and my laptop and headed down the stairs. Around the corner, I heard giggles from two boys and the loud laughter of my mother.

"Hola mami" I greeted my mother with a kiss.

"Hola. Did we wake you?" she asked sipping her tea.

Yes, but it might as well. I had to get up anyway. George will be here in a couple of hours"

I sat down at the island and she served me my breakfast. I was really spoiled. It was eggs-Benedict, with hash browns and crepes. She was such an awesome cook.

"Why are you back so early mom?" when I was halfway through my meal.

"There was no need for me to stay. I had no interest in some of the activities so I left early"

"Oh. But it went fine?"

"Yeah. We thought of a couple new ideas and concepts. I'll run it by you later"

"Okay"

Picking the newspaper I read through the business section when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it you finish"

"Thank you, mom." I finished eating quickly.

Before I could stand up Mario took my plate to the kitchen. Yup, I had trained them well.

"Thank you, sweetie. When you're both done with the dishes you guys can watch TV for two hours and get started on your homework"

"Yes, mom" they chorused. I gave them both a kiss on the head and headed to my office.

I saw George and Blair sitting at my desk.

"Hey Hey" I greeted, closing the door.

Hey, Di" they replied calling me by my nickname.

For the next six hours, we started to work. We went through concept after concept, ideas, made calls, argued, had lunch with my mom and the boys, went back to work and at seven called it a night. I was finally done. The boys were in the den, no doubt playing FIFA courtesy of their uncle George.

I sat back on my couch with a large glass of juice. I never liked alcohol. I was too much of a sweet tooth girl. Closing my eyes memories came to me. I had come far. In ten years, people would consider me successful.

And I was. I was by no means a billionaire but my wealth was part of the hundreds of millions. It had been a long and tedious journey. It still was.

After being kicked out, we moved to one of the shelters. We stayed for as long as we could and when we saved enough money moved to a one bedroom house. I was working two jobs and was selling newspapers at a convenience store one Thursday evening when I caught my big break a year and some months after the boys were born.