chapter4

Dua!
Bless me a morning which has no dark shadows.
O LORD! Make my prayers effective
Give me rewards for my efforts I have done.

~

After listening to the vaqiah's from the Ta'leem(Fazail-e-a'mal), everybody headed to their respective rooms. It was Safina's turn to read the Ta'leem, even though she hesitated as she was not used to reading at her home. At AbdulRahman Villa, they would all sit together close enough so as to not let shaytan disturb their thoughts while listening to the Vaqiah with angels(farishte) surrounding them and with Allah Subhana wa ta'ala's Sakina and blessings.Safina and Kinza headed to their room.

"Masha Allah Safi, you read really well." Kinza complimented her.

"Thankyou! Hope I will get used to it soon and memorize the Vaqiah's as you have done." Safina replied, with self- motivation.

"In sha allah, you will with Allah's guidance(hidayah), Its not that hard." Kinza reassured. "Okay, you go upstairs, I will get a bottle of water."

She was filling the bottle with water, when she heard someone clearing their throat. The bottle slipped from her hand spilling the water all over. She was frightened to see Adeel at this time in kitchen. She had draped her dupatta around her face. Unexpectedly, he was staring at her strangely.

"Do you need anything?" Her voice came out like a whisper because of fear; ever so silent but audable enough for Adeel to hear.

"No." That was his sole reply. Plain.

Kinza grabbed the bottle, filled it again and ran away as fast as she could, not bothering to clear the mess. She bumped into someone as she was running looking back seeing if Adeel was following her; thankfully he wasn't.

"What happened?" Daniyal asked worriedly, holding her hands. She was breathing heavily, as sweat formed on her forehead.

"Whose there?" He asked looking at the direction in which Kinza was looking at.

"Haan? No n.. nobody..."She jerked her hand, realizing he was holding her.

Daniyal ambled curiously to kitchen when she called him.

"Daniyal, please don't do anything. I.. I am fine." She pleaded knowing exactly what Daniyal would do. Right at that instance Adeel walked out of the kitchen. Of all the time, now!

"What were you doing there?" Daniyal inquired in an ever so slight furious tone, standing in front of him.

"Nothing." He simply shrugged taking a quick glance at Kinza.

"Look, behave yourself, it won't take me a minute to reveal in front of the family, the nasty things you are doing." Daniyal threatened him, pointing his fingers.

"Who are you? Her bodyguard, huh?" Adeel smirked evilly.

"I don't need to explain to you, who am I to her? Understood? Just stay the damn away from her!" With his final warning, he turned to Kinza.

"Why are you still here? Go to your room." He ordered to Kinza with his jaws clenched.

___________

"Wake up quick Safi.. otherwise you are gonna miss Fajr Salah and will have to read Qaza. You know it is a big sin that..." Kinza dragged Safina's blanket for the millionth time but she jumped up and sat up at word sin, rubbing her eyes.

"Sin? What?" Safina asked curiously, struggling to open her eyes fully.

"Yes. Do you know that Prophet (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam)(PBUH) is reported to have said, 'A person neglecting his/her Salaah (even though he makes it up later) shall remain in Jahannam(hell) for a period of one Huqb. A Huqb is equal to eighty years of three hundred and sixty days each, and a day in Akhirah shall equal one thousand years of this world.' Huqb basically means a very very very long time; in most Ahadith it is explained as being eighty years, and I also read that this equals to two crore eighty-eight lakhs." Kinza read the Hadith and Safina's eyes were on the stage of buldging out of their sockets.