For my thug

At 8:36pm, Tyrell awoke to a loud clapping noise. The ear jerking sound echoed throughout the gang’s hideout. When Tyrell looked up, he saw Trip sitting on the couch, gun in hand. The nozzle leaked smoke and there was a small hole in the floor in front of him. 

            “My bad yo.” Trip apologized, but no one seemed to be phased by the gunshot. Sarrachi lie on the couch next to K.D, X, and Dayton. Quandiasha sat next to Tyrell twiddling her fingers while Kaya just finished rolling a blunt. Everyone in the room was out of their mind off drugs. The silence lasted a few more minutes before Sarrachi got up.

            “… Fuck it …” He looked around room at his crew with half closed eyes. “Let’s go.” Without another word, the gang stood to their feet and swarmed out of the hideout like zombies. Trip gathered his click and dapped Sarrachi in their gang handshake.

            “Yo…” He paused in mid sentence, trying to focus on what he was going to say. “We gon fuck em niggas up son . . .  For Dia.” Sarrach cracked a dark grin.

            “Hit me up when ya’ll boys touch down.” He replied. Trip entered the car with the rest of his gang and rolled down the window.

            “You know it.” He called back as Kaya swerved down the street.  Tyrell and Quandaisha stared at Sarrachi, awaiting orders. Sarrachi grazed his hands over his face to wake himself some more. The last thing he needed were the drugs to interrupt his thought process more than they already have.

            “So what up Rachi?” Quandaisha asked. “How you wanna play this?” Sarrachi shook his head slowly.

“I don’t know, we gotta get there first.” He answered. “Probably gon have to play this one as we go.” He opened the door to the gang’s car and got in the passenger seat. Quandaisha got behind the wheel with Tyrell sitting in the back. She sparked her blunt up before starting the car and heading toward Springdale.

The clock just struck nine when Sarrachi and the others arrived at Springdale. Tyrell looked around in wonder as they slowly drove through the crowded outdoor shopping mall. The place was huge; it had several roads that went through the entire area. Stores upon stores were lined up next to each other; a movie theater was in the center of the Outlet. People were everywhere, mainly women, children, and teenagers.

One thing that caught their attention was the hand full of security guards who all seemed to be on break. This would make things much easier for them. But either way, the security wouldn’t be a probably, they weren’t even licensed to hold guns.

Quandaisha cruised down the street with her buddies, gazing at the faces they past. They knew Jigga was here, just where? Knowing the kind of person Jigga was, he was more than likely standing on the side of a wall somewhere.

After the first trip through Springdale, they saw no sign of whom they searched for. So they set out again, looking for their rivals. The entire time they drove around Sarrachi stroked his gun, thinking of ways to plan their attack. He already knew they couldn’t do a drive by. The traffic at Springdale was just to thick; there were too many cars on the road to make a clean get away. This meant they would have to go on foot.

Quandaisha was well through her fifth run on the area when her eyes caught sight of her targets. Right past the Movie Theater, leaning on the side of a wall was Jigga and K-Swiss. Surprisingly, they weren’t dressed in their gang’s colors. This was because they didn’t want to draw the unnecessary attention. Quandiasha tapped her brother on the shoulder and pointed to the Theater.

“Rachi Look!” She exclaimed. “There they go right there!” Sarrachi sat up in his seat staring out of the window. The second his eyes caught sight of Jigga, his blood boiled with hate. He cocked his weapon back and placed it in his pants.

“Aye park around back dog.” Sarrachi commanded. “This is what I’ve been waitin’ for.”  Quandisha did as told and drove the car behind the movie theater. She parked in a hidden spot and unlocked the doors. Sarrachi and Tyrell crept out of the vehicle looking suspicious. They walked around the side of the theater unnoticed. Sarrachi reached the edge of the building first and peaked around the corner, looking at Jigga. “Aye dog, go cross the street and post up by that store.” He pointed to a shoe store across the road. “Imma run up, and I need you to flank em.”

            “Yea,” Tyrell agreed. He went to the store with haste and got into position. Sarrachi watched his friend get ready and nodded his head. He took a deep breath to get his mind correct. He couldn’t afford for anything to go wrong, not now.

            Sarrachi pulled his gun from his pocket and slid it behind his shirt, hiding it from plain sight. He calmly strolled down the sidewalk toward his enemies, thinking on how to do this. It didn’t take long for an idea to form. Sarrachi continued forward, walking behind a group of teens so Jigga wouldn’t see him. The moment he got close enough to his targets, he moved from behind the group still walking forward. He bumped shoulders with K-Swiss who stood in front of Jigga.

            “Yo what the Fuck!” K-Swiss exclaimed as he turned around. He was clearly agitated. “Aye you got problem dog?” Jigga stood from off the wall and K-Swiss pointed at Sarrachi. Sarrachi stopped walking and kept his back to his to enemies. “Aye you stupid or somethin’? You aint hear what I said?” Sarrachi took a quick breath and uncovered his gun from his shirt. He turned around to his targets, lifting his gun at aim.

“Shit! He packin!”

            K-Swiss reached in his pants, taking hold of his 357-revolver. Unfortunately for him, he wasn’t fast enough. Sarrachi pulled the trigger and released several rounds. Four bullets sunk into K-Swiss’s chest, tearing his shirt halfway off his body. K-Swiss dropped to the ground in a bloody mess.

            Jigga saw his partner fall as he removed his gun. When Sarrachi shifted his aim to him, Jigga fired three rounds that nearly missed his target. Sarrachi ducked the bullets and shot back. Jigga pointed the barrel of his glock at Sarrahi’s head, but before he could squeeze the trigger, a barrage of gunfire flew right at him.

            A bullet struck his lower torso. It ripped through skin and flesh, bursting out of his back. Jigga staggered backward, but quickly caught his balance. He glanced left and saw Tyrell running to him. Sarrachi noticed Jigga was stunned and emptied the rest of his clip in his direction. He lowered his gun to see no sign of Jigga. Instead, a teenage girl only a few years younger than himself, lie on the ground in front of him.

             Her face was on the cement sidewalk and her body appeared motionless. The back of her shirt was drenched in dark red blood. Sarrachi froze upon seeing this. He couldn’t believe he shot the wrong person. He looked up hearing several more gunshots. Tyrell was unloading the rest of the clip at Sarrachi’s intended target, but missed.

            “Come Dog, we out!” Tyrell yelled, but Sarrachi was glued in his daze, he heard the screams of women and children, the sounds of sirens, but he couldn’t move. He couldn’t understand how he let Jigga get away. Tyrell ran next to him and snatched his arm violently. “Wake up nigga! We gotta get the fuck outta here!”  Sarrachi shook his head, coming back into reality.

            “Yea…” He followed Tyrell around the back of the theater to make an escape; unaware that security camera’s caught the whole thing on tape.