The break up

ONE DAY EALIER.

Thursday April 23rd, 2003

Tyrell and Tiffany were on their way to a daycare center in South San Tera. Tyrell had to pick his son up at 3:00pm and offered to take Valaisha to her grandmother’s house. They arrived at the daycare in several minutes, Tyrell hopped out of the car with Tiffany behind him. He opened the door for her and walked to the front desk. The lady at the desk gave them a warm smile as they approached her.

“Hey, how are ya’ll doing today?” She asked. Tyrell leaned on the counter, looking tired and high.

“I’m straight…” he answered.

“You here for Tyeshawn?” the lady guessed. Tyrell nodded his head.

“You know it,” he replied. “But umm, … I also gotta get Laisha too.” Tyrell rubbed his face, trying to keep his mind focused. 

“Aw really? Bianca can’t pick her up today?” she asked.

“Naw, had somethin’ to do or somethin’.” He said.

“Well okay, just give me one second and they’ll be right out.” The lady walked to the back while Tyrell turned to Tiffany.

“This shouldn’t take too long, Imma drop em both off at Ma duke’s and then we can split back to my spot…” Tyrell slid a little closer to Tiffany. “Have dinner, a movie, and maybe a little somethin’ else too.” He eased his hand around her waist.

“Tyrell you so silly,” Tiffany giggled. The lady reappeared to the front with Tyeshawn and Valaisha running behind her. They both carried their cartoon book bags on their backs and had a bag of chips in hand.

“Daddy,” Tyeshawn awkwardly waved, mouth full of food.

“I’m tired…” Valaisha whined. She stopped at his feet, looking up at him. Tyrell scooped her in his right arm.

“Don’t worry sweetie. You can sleep at nanna’s.” He watched Valaisha yawn closing her eyes. “Ya’ll had fun today?”

“Uh huh.” Tyeshawn nodded, but Valaisha didn’t say anything.

“You aint have no fun?” Tyrell asked her. Valaisha shook her head.

“No…” she mumbled. “

 “Why?”

“Cause, Kaisha pinched me!” she replied. Tyrell and Tiffany cracked a smile.

“So you just let her pinch you?” Tyrell wondered.

“I pinch her back.” Valaisha snapped. Tyrell walked her to the car laughing.

“That’s what I’m talkin’ bout. You know we don’t play that round here.” Tyrell said. He placed Tyeshawn and Valaisha in their car seats and got behind the wheel, heading to Sarrachi’s mother’s house.

After Tyrell dropped Valaisha and his son off, he drove back to his apartment with Tiffany. He kicked open the door to his home and quickly changed clothes. Tiffany waited for him in the living room. When he came back he wore black basketball shorts and a white tank top.

“So what you wanna watch?” Tyrell asked.

“I don’t know. It doesn’t matter to me. You know I’ll watch just about anything.” Tiffany answered. Tyrell shrugged his shoulders and went into his movie cabinet. He pulled out one of his favorites movies, an old 1979 classic, ‘The Warriors’.