Blood Money

By 1:09am, Sarrachi and his gang where in West San Tera driving down a long dark road. Since West Tera was mostly country, getting to Dreadz house would take some time. They’ve been searching the house numbers for the longest, and were still a while from the one they wanted. Quandaisha continued to drive although she was barely awake. She slowly drifted off the road and stared to drive on the grass near a ditch. Sarrachi fiercely struck his sister in the arm.

            “Man what the fuck you doin!” Sarrachi shouted. Quandaisha’s eyes shot open and she jerked the vehicle back on the road, everyone in the car shifted to the left.

            “Designated driver huh?” Diamond said. “Nigga trynna kill us.”

            “Get off my back!” Quandaisha snapped. “I aint wanna do this anyway…”

            “Aye pull over!” Sarrachi interrupted. “That’s the house right there,” he pointed to a medium sized white trailer that had a fence around it. Quandaisha slammed on the brakes, which made everyone jerk forward. She eased forward while the others checked out the scene.

            “That shit look empty,” Diamond said.

            “Naw, check it out.” Bonez pointed to the side of the trailer where a light could be seen. “Aint no cars in the yard, but somebody home.”

            “Aye park over there, in the cut.” Sarrachi directed. His sister moved the car to a small-enclosed area that was next to the woods. With no other houses near by, and the darkness of the night, it would be easy to walk to the trailer unseen.

            “Com’ on.” Sarrachi said, He pulled his bandana over his face. “Daisha you stay here, hit me up if you see somethin’ outta place.” He exited the car with the others. They dashed across the street and crept to the metal fence, which they jumped One by one. Once in the yard, the gang crept around the side of the house to the kitchen window. Sarrachi withdrew his gun and slowly peaked inside. He motioned for the others to split up and check the other windows. Sarrachi continued to gaze into the trailer while he waited for the others to return.

            “Yo…” Tyrell whispered, coming around the corner. Sarrachi turned to his friend to see what he wanted. “I aint see nobody, but the bathroom window open.”

            “What about the back door?” Sarrachi wandered.

            “That shit locked.”

            “Let me see that.” Sarrachi said. He quietly followed Tyrell to the back of the trailer where Diamond and Bonez were hiding. Sarrachi snuck to the door looking at the lock. He glanced at Diamond, his eyes told her to come here. “You think you can pick that shit?” Diamond studied the lock; she could tell it was a double bolted door.

            “Hell naw.” She replied.

            “Damn,” Sarrachi cursed. “We just gon have to hit that window.” He jogged to the other side of the trailer with the others behind him. The gang stopped at the window and tried to open it higher. “It aint budgin’,” The window was locked from the inside; it couldn’t be opened any higher than it already was. Tyrell took a moment to think while Sarrachi repeated his attempt to open the window.

            “Aye hol’ up…” Tyrell paused. “Dia, you think you can fit through there?” Diamond went to the window and measured it with her eyes.

            “Yea I think so,” She nodded. “It’s gon be tight, but I can make it through.”

            “Word.” Tyrell smirked. Diamond went to the window and climbed up the wall, she squeezed through the small opening as quietly as she could. When she got inside, she unlocked the window and helped the others in.