New day, same problems

One weeks later, Diamond drove into the neighborhood Goose Creek. Her 1994 Honda accord was upgraded with a set of twenty-inch chrome rims. The amount money they stole from Dreadz was more than enough to split between the four of them. Quandaisha also received a payment, but not nearly as much as the others.

            When Diamond pulled up to Tyrell’s new apartment, she saw Sarrachi’s car parked out front next to a U-haul truck. It seemed she arrived just in time to help move some furniture. Diamond hopped out of her car with Bonez behind her. Bianca was standing outside loudly talking on the phone. She had headphones in her ears and appeared oblivious to how much noise came from her mouth. Sarrachi’s three-year-old daughter, Valaisha, was running around the yard playing with Tyeshawn. When she spotted her cousin, she stopped in her tracks and dashed toward Diamond.

            “DD!” Valaisha shouted. Diamond picked her up and kissed her on the head

            “Hey buddy! How you been?” Diamond asked with a smile on her face. Valaisha hugged her cousin while in her arms. Sarrachi’s daughter was small for her age, and looked more like her aunt Quandaisha than her parents. However, Valaisha has been known to throw fits that aren’t too far her father or mother.

            “Good.” she grinned. Valaisha always seemed to be at her best when Diamond’s around. Out of all her aunts, uncles, and cousins, Diamond was her favorite.

            “Where yo big headed daddy?” Diamond asked.

            “Inside,” Valaisha responded. “Daddy mad.” Diamond carried her cousin to the house to look for Sarrachi.

            “Girl yo daddy stay mad,” Before she could walk in the small home, Sarrachi and Tyrell came storming outside.

            “Got damn cuz, how much furniture you got nigga?” Sarrachi complained; he glanced at Diamond. “What up cuz?”

            “Sup Dia,”

             “Aint nothin’,” Diamond responded. “Ya’ll need some help?” Tyrell shook his head.

            “Naw, aint much left.” He said. “We pretty much done got everythang now.” The two of them walked to the U-haul truck and began to unload a long couch. Tyrell jumped in the back of the truck first, pushing the couch in Sarrachi’s arms. Once the two got it off the truck, they struggled to carry it inside.

            “When she moved to the Chuck?” Bianca shouted on the phone. She stepped in Sarrachi’s and Tyrell’s path, lost in her conversation. “Say what? … Oh so she live in North Charleston now?” Sarrachi growled and tried to walk around her, but she unintentionally blocked their path again. “Oh my God, You lyin!”

            “Man move B! Get yo ass out the way!” Sarrachi yelled. “Why don’t you go sit down some where,” Bianca cut her eyes and slid to the side. Diamond put down her little cousin down and followed Tyrell in the house. Tyrell and Sarrachi carried the couch to the living room where they dropped it in front of the TV. “That’s the last of it right?” he asked. Tyrell nodded his head. “Good. . . man we gotta smoke dog. I gotta be at work in a hour or so, and I aint trynna go sober.”

            “You aint never sober,” Diamond retorted.

            “Aye we can burn one on me, if one of ya’ll boys got a gaur.” Bonez offered.

            “That the smartest thing I heard all day.”

            “Dog, I already got somethin’ rolled up.” Tyrell interrupted. “We can burn one on the way to the gas station.” Diamond and the others nodded and exited the house.

            “What you got? Some mid?” Diamond asked. Tyrell sucked his teeth looking offended.

            “Hell naw, I still got some loud left man.” He responded. When they got outside, Sarrachi noticed Bianca was still on the phone. This infuriated him.

            “Man look at that shit,” Sarrachi referred to his girlfriend. “Aint do a lick of work, but wanna talk on the all day the got damn phone.” Sarrachi shook his head and unlocked his car. “I be wantin’ to slap the piss out her sometimes.” He started the car while Tyrell lit up the blunt.

            “Meka on that same shit,” Tyrell added. “Loud as a bitch on the phone, but can’t do no work.” He rolled down the window and took a hit off the blunt. “But still, they aint got nothin’ on my lil sis.”

            “Hell naw,”

            “Aye you know that,”

            “Man Jazzy be on some other shit,” everyone agreed. Sarrachi turned on his CD player as he swerved out of the parking lot. Tyrell passed him the blunt then laid back in his seat. His eyes were low and he was already high. Sarrachi noticed his friend and smiled.

            “Aye, you stupid boy,” He laughed. “My nigga feelin’ it already.”

            “That’s how that loud do ya,” Tyrell smirked. “Im trynna tell ya.” Sarrachi turned up the music while he drove down the road. He took a long hit from the blunt letting the smoke fill his lungs. With his eyes closed, he exhaled slowly and started to rap the lyrics of the song he had playing.

            “Smokin’ on that doja I don’ got a bag for cheap, nigga eyes barely open and I’m glued to the backseat’.” He stopped quoting the song and took another long pull. “ ‘Ridn’ dirty, bumpin’ ridin’ dirty, you know how that shit be’… Dog, this my shit dog.” Bonez was staring out of the window when they passed by several Murda Mafia gang members. He glanced at Tyrell.

            “Damn cuz, I knew the Creek was borda’ lands, but I aint know that shit been like this.” Bonez observed.

            “Yea man.” Tyrell added. “That’s the only problem with my new spot. I’m right across the street from the birds.”

            “So you really finna live down here dog?” Bonez asked. Tyrell looked out the window back at the rival gang members.

            “I aint got chose,” he remarked. “We already done moved in now. Plus they had the best deal.”

            “I feel you, but it couldn’t had been me.” Bonez shrugged. “This the war zone over here dog.” Sarrachi pulled into the gas station and parked his car. When he got out, he noticed a police cruiser parked at the front of the gas station. The two cops seated in the vehicle kept their eye on Sarrachi as he entered the store.

            “Look at them niggas…” Diamond pointed out, referring to the police. “They waitin’ for somebody to fuck up.”

            “That’s what they get paid for Dia, what you expect.” Bonez said. Diamond stared at the police when a dark red car pulled up next to them. Her heart almost skipped a beat when she realized who it was. Taz and Double-D got out the vehicle checking their surroundings. They spotted both Diamond and the police.

            “Yo check it out,” Double-D tapped Taz on the arm.

            “I see em,” Taz gazed at his enemies, then the police. “Fuck it though A.” They headed into the gas station when Sarrachi walked through the door. The three exchanged glances as they past each other. Sarrachi turned around to take one lasr look at the Taz and Double-D before he got in his car.

            “Aint they them Murda boys ya’ll beefin’ with?” Sarrachi exclaimed. Diamond nodded her head and took a hit from the blunt.

            “Hell yea,” she nodded. “Bonez aint lie, this shit is the war zone.”