The 411

Time creped to five o’clock and Diamond was still at the apartment with Bonez. Dressed in nothing but a long black shirt, Diamond walked around the house high. She couldn’t find her phone and spent the last ten minutes searching for it. Her boyfriend was lying on the couch sleep, not helping at all.

Diamond didn’t know where else to look; she already checked the whole apartment. Without another thought, she plopped down in a chair and gave up. She closed her eyes to get some rest, but a loud knock echoed through out the apartment. Diamond sighed as she lifted herself from the chair. Since there was no peephole she had no clue who it could be. She cracked the door open and saw her friends Justine, and Axe.

Justine was 16 years old, 5’6”, and had medium brown skin. Her eyes were brown and she had a smile that could light up a room. With natural beauty and a nice body, Justine had little need for make up.

Axe, a close friend to Diamond, was a skinny 17 year old. He stands at 5’9”, has dark skin, and a shaved head. He wore a long sleeve white shirt, dark blue jeans and brown boots. Looking Diamond up and down, Axe slid into the room covering his nose.

“Man what the hell ya’ll been doin’?” Axe waved his hand in his face like he smelled something foul. He glanced at Bonez then back at Diamond. “Smell like all been fuckin’ ‘and’ fartin’.”

“Shut up,” Diamond chuckled. Justine came in after Axe smiling.

“Sup Dia,” Justine greeted.

“Nothin’, trynna find my damn phone,” Diamond answered.

“Why you wasn’t at school today?” Justine wondered.

“Woke up late,” Diamond explained. Axe sucked his teeth at her poor excuse.

“Man you know them niggas can’t make a full week of school,” He teased.

“I be havin' things to do,” Diamond argued. “I’m thinkin’ bout droppin’ out anyway…. Rachi and TY did.”

“Yeah, and you see where they at,” Axe retorted. “Don’t get me wrong. I aint like bout school either, but damn… you aint trynin’ to get out the ninth grade?” Diamond was through listening to them nag. She sat on the couch picking up a blunt.

“What ever,” she shrugged. Diamond lit the blunt taking a hard pull. After blowing the smoke out her lungs, she struck Bonez on the leg waking him up. “Yo Axe and Justine here.” Bonez glared around the room with half open eyes. He slowly sat up in the couch and closed his eyes again.

“What up,” Bonez mumbled. Diamond passed Axe the blunt.

“Man, there was somethin’ I been meanin’ to tell you” Axe paused, scratching his head. “Oh yeah, I heard the Murda lookin’ for you.” Diamond raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“Lookin’ for me?” She repeated.

“Yea, the Murda lookin' for ya’ll niggas.” Axe answered. “You know Jakiya, she cool with Khia(Ka-i-a)?” Diamond looked disgusted. She hated Khia, and for good reasons. “Well, she told me, that Khia think you had somethin’ to do with that shootin’ in the Springs. Says Khia lookin' for you.”

“I don’t give a damn who that bitch lookin’ for!” Diamond exclaimed. “She know what the deal is, She know where I be at… talkin’ bout she lookin’ for me.” Just talking about Khia infuriated Diamond. She took the blunt from Axe taking a long hard hit. “I wish she would run up on me, I’d slap the piss out that nigga.” Axe broke into laughter at Diamond’s remark.

“Yo why you hate Khia so much?” Axe questioned. Diamond took another hit from the blunt then passed it to Justine.

“I aint never tell you?” She wondered. Axe shook his head. “Well Imma give you one reason, but I got a hundred fifty.” Diamond paused. She folded her arms in thought of the past. “Back in day me and Khia use to be cool. We been like twins, act just alike and all. Niggas use to think we been sisters. But anyway, fast forward to when I was 12, Khia moved to North river, and shortly after I got down with BJK. That’s were the bad blood starts.” Diamond sat up in her seat getting into the story. She picked up a small cup of licker from the table in front of her and took a sip. “So me and Khia aint chill in mad long, and she hit me up out the blue one day. Says come through, ask if I smoke and I been like yea. So I meet her at the park right, and we start chillin’ and choppin’ it up.  Just like the old days. I aint know at the time, but she was usin’ me as a way to bang the Murda. She had two blunts that already been rolled and handed me one. I aint think nothin’ of it, ya know. She been my home girl since we was youngins’. So we smoke and shit, and after a while I start feelin’ dizzy. I thought I was too high so I aint say nothin’, but then it got worse. I started throwin’ up, I felt horrible.” Diamond paused and shook her head. “That’s when Khia started actin’ strange, talkin' a bunch of mess I aint understand. Next thing I know, I was surrounded by the Murda. Niggas whopped my ass, robbed me, then whopped my ass Again! . . . Cuz, I aint never felt so bad in my life… I felt betrayed, and I felt like a punk.” Diamond lowered her head. “Ever since then, I been FUCK Khia!”

Axe looked pretty shocked after he heard Diamond’s story. Justine already knew what happened and knew how Diamond felt about it. Bonez, who also heard the tale before was sound asleep.

“Daaamn,” Axe cursed. “That’s messed up.”

“You know it” Diamond agreed. “But it is what it is. Live and learn I guess. It still had me twisted though… ”

“Moms always said not everybody round you is yo friend,” Axe quoted. Justine nodded in agreement.

“Yea, but as true as that statement is, we was friends.” Diamond added. She took a long gulp from her drink and set it back down. “Khia's brother got killed a few weeks after I got down with BJK. He had bang Murda. . . ”

"What that got to do with anythin'? Axe interrupted.

"That got everythin' to do with it." Diamond retorted. "Years later, I found out Khia thought I had somethin' to do with his death... but I really didn't." Diamond took a deep breath and sighed. "Them Murda niggas brain washed her ass. We probably woulda been friends to this day if wasn't for that."

“Damn my nig. That's some fucked up shit.” Axe stated. “But yo, on a better note, you goin' to Mya’s party this Saturday?” Diamond gave Axe the ‘really?’ look.

“Duh nigga,” Diamond replied. “Mya’s parties always be live. Rachi and TY might go… Might.”

“Rachi need to stay his butt at home," Justine said. “All he do is shut shit down. Every party, every event, just everythin'.”

“Yeah.” Diamond chuckled. “You know how that nigga be, always gotta show out.”

“You too Dia,” Justine added. “Get some brown in you, and yo lil ass be wildin’.”

“Hell yea,” Axe agreed. “I remember when you fought KeKe at her own party.” Axe and Justine laughed.

“Keke started it. Trynna play me like a fool.” Diamond reasoned.

“Mhmm.” Justine responded, not believing her. “Then Rachi and TY had to jump in.”

“Aye you know how we rock, ” Diamond smiled.

“Right…” Justine said, being sarcastic. “Ya’ll be doin’ the most.”

            “That’s how it be sometimes,” Diamond said, joining her friends in laughter.