Baby names

Gary - 22

Leaf - 21

*************

"Gary, we have to do this." Leaf persuaded her brown-haired hot husband, with such a smile that even the devil would have to give in,

Gary, her husband, a pokemon professor in one of the world's greatest pokemon labs, turned his head to peer at his wife with his deep brown eyes, twinkling with mischief. He had a well-chiseled jaw and wore a black tux, which fit him like second skin. The black trousers fit his tall legs perfectly and he threw her a killer smile, followed by the playboy smirk he used to be very famous for. He flicked his hair attractively and twisted his lips. "Now!" He asked his wife, Leaf.

Leaf had been one of the perfect, curvy girls, with a confident air and smart attitude around her. She had this cutest smile which melted every heart and wavy bobby brown hair. She was of a milky complexion and looked gorgeous indeed.

But now, she had lost her figure to a baby. Leaf was four months pregnant and her smile and a brighter smile than ever, her face shone more sunnily than ever as she rejoiced having a new life inside her. And today was the day they had been avoiding since weeks. The name-selecting day.

You might say that this was unusual as all to-be parents rejoiced on this day but not Gary and Leaf! Their opinions on names were very different indeed.

"Okay, mama." Gary gave in with a pout and bumped down beside Leaf on the bed. Leaf had a notepad in her hand.

"I wanted it to be a surprise if its a boy or a girl. Which do you think?" She asked Gary who shrugged hai shoulders. In his husky voice, he replied, "It must be a daughter! With hair like her mother's and freckles sprinkled along the bridge of her nose.And I will spoil it to high heavens!" The joy on his face, his elated voice, clearly determined his happiness. Gary wrapped his arms around his wife's necks and softly kissed the nape of hrr neck. Leaf pushed him away.

"I have a feeling it will be a son. He'll take after his father's good looks, and his mother's attitude." Leaf suggested and Gary smiled handsomely before shaking his head,

"Don't let's guess. Let's think of names for both of the genders." He said and Leaf scribbled the title on the white page. She nibbled on one end of the pen and looked down on the paper, confused. "You begin." She finally said and cocked up her ears to hear her husband speak,

"Sure. For boys, I have names such as Larry, after both of us, and Eon, on pokemon and Gillon, Mason, after Mason Parker, my driver" Gary kept enlisting names but Leaf stared at him with a scowl. "That's enough. However, who names their child after their driver!" She placed her hands on her hips. "Now, for girls. From your side." She ordered.

"Lorelai, we could call her Rory, Aisha, Maple, Gigi, Lillian, Gwen, and-" Gay rattled off names, leaf noted them down. Then she placed her hand over Gary's mouth. "My turn." She said and began mumbling names as she wrote them down.

"For boys, I have Sean, Paul, Ashton, Andrew, Ken, and.....yes! Drake." Gary nodded, impressed, he liked all names she said. Now, she proceeded, "For girls, I have an awful lot! Angel, Ashley, Candace, Summer, June, April, Autumn, Spring, Jenniffer, and, Mist."

Gary nodded his head slowly and then a cocky smile got plastered on his face, "Those names are great! But you seem to be in love with girl names of seasons and months." He teased as Leaf grinned.

"So, which names do we finalise on. Gar-bear, select any five names out of ours."

"Umm, see, for boys, we must have Larry, Eon, and yeah, Ken, Andrew, Sean, Drake and Mason." He finished. Leaf counted, "that's seven." She sang. "Whatever, why don't you select five girl names then." Gary replied.

Leaf thought for a while and said, "see, we must have Lorelai, Maple, Ashley, Autumn, Jenifer, Lillian, June, and-" leaf kept saying but Gary interrupted, "that's enough, let it be decided now, Larry for boys and Lorelai for girls." He smiled.

Leaf playfully punched him on the chest and said, "Nah, not all your names." Gary pretended to be hurt, "It hurt." "Is it an better now." Leaf cooed as she circled the area on his chest with her dainty fingers,

"I say, let's finalise on Ashton and Ashley." She announced, Gary eyed her with a suspicious look but playful eyes. "All related to Ash, huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows and sensing what he was nearing, she turned her back to not face him.

"Oh, come on Leaf. All our names are so good. Why can't we have all those names," Gary complained childishly. Leaf gave her a look. "You will name one boy all those names. I men's one little boy will be named SeanAshtonLarryDrakeMason and whatnot!" Leaf sighed at her husband's foolishness.

"No, baby." He took a leap directly next to Leaf. He put her head on his lap and stroked her protruding belly. "One child will be named one, but Leafy, who said that we'll have just one hand." He winked suggestively and Leaf blushed and looked away.

Leaf placed her head over his knee lovingly and closed her eyes. "I am happy with whatever you suggest darling." As she fell back to sleep.

Gary was sure of what he wanted, he wanted twins. And they'd name the children, "Larry and Autumn. Your girl and my boy. That's what they'll be." He sighed softly as he stroked her head lovingly,

"I heard you! But the boy has to be named Ken!" Leaf protested in a sleepy voice and once again, the war of names continued, as if we could ever see its end!

How did you like it? I am sorry I updated sooooooo late!:-)

@