Chapter Thirteen

13

-

Harry rolled his suitcase up the small driveway till he was stopped in front of what he was sure was the small house he was looking for. He stood his suitcase upright and then he knocked a few times on the wooden door. He waited almost a minute before the person he was looking for opened the door and peeked his head out.

"Harry!" He shouted.

"Niall!" He shouted back and stepped forward to embrace him in a quick hug.

"How are ya?"

"I'm good. Just got dropped off here, coming back from the airport."

"Ahh, how was it?"

They were stepping inside the house now. It was a small house, could almost be called an apartment, but it was independent. Niall lived alone, and since they both had the same job, and he was alone, it was reasonable as to why he didn't own a big house. But it was very nice, simple, and cozy.

"It was... great, fantastic, every word that can describe amazing."

"Who'd you say you went with again?"

"Louis, this guy I met."

"Oooh." Niall wiggled his eyebrows at him. "So, you aren't with that one guy anymore?"

"Nick?"

"I think that's his name."

Harry and Niall were good co-workers and they considered themselves friends, but they never really talked about their personal lives too much, yet they considered each other good mates. For them, it wasn't so much a need to spill every detail of their lives. Those types of things weren't usually in their topics of conversation.

"That's why I'm here, and I know I sounded rushed on the phone but it was super last minute and I needed somewhere to stay, thanks again by the way. I said I'd tell you everything later, so I guess it's later."

"It is! Plus, I love a good story. So, let's sit and you can tell me all about it. Want something to eat or drink?"

"Water is fine." Harry replied.

"Okay, I'll get us some stuff, make yourself at home, I'll be back."

Harry took a seat on the comfy couch while Niall went over to the kitchen which was near where he was seated. He looked around the house a bit and looked at the different knick knacks spread around the living room. Niall came back a few minutes later with two bottles of water and some type of trail mix snack. He plopped some of the small foods in his mouth after setting the bowl on the coffee table and taking a seat on the couch as well.

"Go on." Niall said, getting comfortable.

"I'm not exactly sure where to start... Well, Nick is— was my supposed husband, we weren't officially married, we just decided the title of husbands was more suitable for us. Everything was so good, our lives weren't the best but we were living a good life. One day I was out shopping or whatever and I ran into Louis."

"The one you were away with, right?" Niall asked, as if he were about to start taking notes on such an exciting subject.

"Yes. I saw him, and he was one of the most handsome people I'd ever seen, but that's pretty much it. I'm a faithful person and I wouldn't let things go anywhere else. But Louis, for some reason, was attracted to me and asked me to go out with him. He gave me his information and I was going to leave it there and never think of him again until Nick saw his information and we realized he was the CEO of Sony."

"Sony? Like, Sony TV's and movies and all that?" Niall sat up a bit straighter, shocked at the new information.

"Yeah, the Sony. So then Nick suggested that I make him like my sugar daddy so we could help pay for things because it'd been tougher because I wasn't at work all that time. Which was the dumbest idea ever, because," He sighed, "we were fine, everything was okay. I had the life I deserved already, it was all so clear. But, I ended up going out with Louis, and twice he gave me money, but I never asked him for any, I was too scared and guilt-ridden. I felt bad because I knew he liked me but I didn't like him back like that. Things started getting more complicated and Nick would get more irritable if I simply talked to him. He was becoming a good friend and I liked him as a friend but Nick didn't trust me. And it should have been me to turn it around and not trust him." He sighed again, "So later on I found out that he invested money somewhere and lost it, resulting in him taking out a loan."