I sit up and see I'm in my room. I'm taking short shallow breaths and my heart is going haywire. I feel hands on my shoulders making me jump instantly, I turn to see Derek. Without a shirt. I get up and walk over to the window. I lean against the windowsill and let out a sigh running my hands over my face. The dream reminded me of how helpless I was after Ellis left and my father resorted to drinking away his problems... Every night. He would eventually have enough of shouting at my mother and evidently, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I open my eyes to see Derek stood in front of me. My heart starts to beat a little faster. Derek notices this as he lifts his hand to move a piece of my hair from my face.

"What happened?"

I shake my head.

"It was just a dream. A dream about my dad."

He places his hand on the side of my face.

"You don't have to be scared anymore. He's gone. And even if he was still alive I wouldn't let him anywhere near you."

I look into his eyes and smile. He takes a step closer to me. He smirks a little as my breathing hitches. He knows how he's affecting me and he's using it to his advantage. He presses his lips to mine and I respond without thinking. When I'm with him I lose my train of thought. I run my hands up his bare chest and go to his neck. I feel his hands slip under my t-shirt, feeling my curves underneath it. He breaks away from the kiss and his lips meet my neck moving down it. He stops abruptly and pulls me back to the bed and we get in and he wraps his arms around me protectively and we fall asleep.

Later on Derek and I wake up for a second time. We go into Stiles' room and wait for him to come back from school. I hear the door to the house open and close. I hear Stiles come up the stairs. He walks into his room and looks surprised to see me.

"Um... Hi Kenzie."

I wave and try not to glance to where Derek is stood behind the door. I succeed in not drawing attention towards Derek. But then my uncle comes to the door making Stiles turn around.

"Hey da- Derek?"

Derek gestures for Stiles to shut up and go to the door.

"Hey dad."

"Hey I've got to go work but I'm coming to see your first game tonight. I'm proud of you."

"I'm proud of me too..."

I hear my uncle hug Stiles and Stiles says something along the lines of

"Huggy Huggy."

After my uncle leaves and Stiles comes into the room shutting the door behind him. Derek pushes Stiles against the door,

"If you say anything."

"What like... Hey dad Derek Hale is in my room... Bring your gun?"

Derek backs off

"Yeah that's right. If it's me harbouring your fugitive ass, it my house, my rules."

Stiles walks back to the desk but Derek jerks his head and Stiles jumps back.

Derek and Stiles start talking about something that I don't really listen to. Soon a boy Stiles' age walks in. A boy I know quite well.

"Danny!" I say as he walks in.

"Kenzie!" He says back.

We hug each other and I hear Derek let out a growl.

"Danny I need you to do something for me." Stiles says showing Danny his computer.