Chapter Thirty-nine

Start from the beginning

"You need some. I doubt Ashton will be happy when he comes to the house and sees that all of his drumsticks are broken." He told me and I laughed.

"Yeah, you're right." I said and nodded. "Do we leave tonight?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I got us a flight and it takes off at midnight. It won't be that bad, I promise. Who knows, maybe you'll fall asleep during the ride like last time." He said and I nodded.

"If I'm tired enough, I can sleep for a whole day." I said and he nodded. "Anyways, I still have to pack."

"You don't need much, remember you still have clothes over there?" He said and I nodded. "Packing isn't really necessary. Just take the presents."

"Got it." I said and nodded. I leaned back and looked at the road as he took us back to the house. The radio played a familiar song and I turned it up.

"Oh god. No."

"Don't stop," I yelled as I turned it up. He gave me a pleading look and I just smiled innocently before staring out the window. "Everytime you walk in the room, you've got all eyes on you,"

"Please stop." He said and I laughed as he changed the radio station. I didn't try to change it back since I liked this song and then Michael's phone rang. "Answer it for me? I can't really answer it." He said as he turned the radio down.

I grabbed his phone from the cup holder and then answered his call. "Hello, Michael is busy driving but I can take a message." I said and Michael chuckled.

"Hello, who is this?"

"I'm Katelyn." I said and looked at Michael. "I'm his adopted daughter. Who is this?" I asked him and hummed along to the song playing.

"Ah, that's fine. I'm Lisa, I run a little television show. I know it's the holidays and I know it's late notice, but would it be fine with you guys to stop by at and round six for and round quick interview? Five to ten minutes tops."

"I'll ask." I said and Michael nodded. "It's a lady named Lisa, she wants us to drop by somewhere for an interview at six." I told him and he looked at me.

"Our flight is at nine so I guess that's okay. Did she talk to our manager? Where?" He asked and I voiced the questions into the phone.

She answered them and I nodded. "She asked and it's in a small studio downtown." I said and Michael nodded. "That's fine. Please, text him the adress and we'll be there at five. Have a nice day!" I said happily.

"You too. Thank you." She said and she hung up. I put the phone back and I looked at him.

"Why me?"

"Because you're very important." He said and I chuckled. "We can go home, get dressed, chill, and then leave. It's nearly three right now so we have time."

"Sounds like a plan." I said and nodded.

-

When we got to the studio, I pulled my leather jacket closer to my body. I didn't change much, I just switched my boots for converse and my white shirt for a black one. The only color other than black I had on was pink and Michael was the same.

Soon, a pretty woman with dark skin came over and smiled. "Michael, and Katelyn I presume?" She asked and I nodded. "I'm so glad you could make it on such short notice. Father daughter correct?"

"Indeed." Michael answered and she nodded. "We have a few minutes so mind laying down a few ground rules?"

"There is no profanity, so please keep your language at least PG-13." She explained and we nodded. "We ask pretty simple questions and hope to not offend you with any because they are not ours, but your fans' and my managers'. He conducts what I ask." She explained and we nodded.