Chapter Eleven

Katelyn's point of view

"That dick." Michael said and I ripped my arms from Luke's hands. "The nerve he has. You're not allowed-"

"Was that fucking necessary?" I yelled at him, pushing him away from me. He looked at me confused and I glared at him. "You're such an ass Michael!"

"He was asking for it!"

"He's sixteen and you're twenty. What's the press going to say when it gets out that you hit an underaged person? Huh?" I asked him. "And how do you think he feels? He was just helping me."

"He did the wrong thing-"

"I begged him not to take me back okay? He said that I should go back but I told him no." I told him and he gulped. "Then you go an tell him that no one cares about him? Didn't you see the way his world crashed Michael?"

"He's a kid, what world would crash?"

"The world he tried so hard to keep together and from falling apart. You just killed him inside by saying that and you don't when care. Didn't you see his eyes water? Or the way he froze and gulped?"

"No, but I did the the cigarette he had when he drove away." Michael said and grabbed my hands as my own eyes watered. "You're not to go near him. Luke, tell the teachers to switch their seats if they're by each other and to keep him away from her."

"You're being unreasonable!" I screamed at him, on the verge of breaking down. "He didn't do anything wrong! He said some bad things and does some bad things but he's not a bad guy!" I said but they weren't paying attention to what I want.

"I don't want you around him. I don't want you thinking about him and I most certainly don't want you to be sneaking around with him." Michael said and pointed a finger at me. "You're grounded."

"You can't stop me from seeing him." I said and he laughed. "We have classes together and he's my only friend. You won't take away the only friend I've made in over five years."

"Watch me." Michael told me and I looked at Luke, silently begging him to tell Michael that he's being a lunatic and is blowing this out of proportion.

"Katelyn, you need to understand. He's bad news-"

"He's a good guy!" I yelled at them as I walked into the house. "He's caring and kind and protective and-"

"I don't want to hear it. You won't be seeing him any more, understood?" Michael said and Luke crossed his arms. "I asked you a question."

"Go fuck yourself." I said and his eyes widened. I ran upstairs and he ran after me, but I was faster.

I slammed the door shut and then locked it. "You do not talk to me like that young lady. Get your ass out of that room or so god help me the next person getting slapped is you."

"I can ruin your entire career if you hit me." I said and it went quiet. "A few pictures to the right people can send your career into a pile of flames."

"Blackmailing isn't nice."

"Neither is taking away the only friend I've had in years Luke." I said and sniffled. "Go away."

"Open this fucking door."

"No."

"Katelyn May Clifford open this fucking door right this instant." Michael yelled as he banged on my door. "I will break it down."

"I'm naked." I lied as I laid down on my bed. "Goodnight." I said and then took my bra off. I yawned and closed my eyes.

"Katelyn!"