Chapter Six

(Again, I'm from America and I'm kind of describing how it gets here during autumn. I'm not sure what it's like in Australia but if it's not like this, I'll try to fix it. xx)

Katelyn's point of view

"I'm tired." I whined to Jacob as we stood by our first class. I laid my head on his shoulder and he laughed. "Jacob?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm tired."

"I know you are, you've said it about ten times in the last three minutes." He said and I pouted. "You had a full nights sleep didn't you?"

"Kind of. I kept wake up every hour or something to switch sides and flip my pillow and go pee and stuff." I said and he nodded as he rubbed my back.

"It's okay. I know the struggle." He told me and I shivered a bit. "What's up?" He asked me and I looked at him.

"A bit cold." I told him and he nodded. "Why do I have to wear skirts? It's already October!" I whined as I hugged myself.

"Wear pants." He told me as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Buy blue and khaki pants or something." He said.

"It's not uniform. Girls have to wear skirts and dresses it said. I checked it this morning." I sighed and he laughed. "What?"

"That's so sexist and stereotypical that it hurts me." He said. "Girls have to wear skirts and stuff and guys have to wear pants. What is this? The seventy's?"

"I guess." I said and pulled these stupid knee socks up higher. "My knees are freezing."

"It'll get hotter in an hour or two, it's okay." He said and I nodded because I knew he was right. It was that time of the year, the stupid time where it's negative three hundred in the morning and then three hundred after the clock strikes noon.

"That means Halloween soon and Christmas." I said and smiled. "Pretty colored leaves and pumpkin spice lattes and sweatshirts with skinny jeans and no shaving every three to four days." I said and he laughed.

"Yeah." He said and smiled slightly. "For me it means work, lots of studying, and being home alone." He said and I looked at him.

"Why? It's like the holiday time. You should be with your family and raking leaves and drinking hot chocolate while watching funny comedy movies." I told him and smiled.

The bell rung right after I finished and he just nodded towards the classroom door. "Come on, we have to get to class." He said, managing to avoid the question.

I nodded and then followed him inside. We sat down and he pulled a journal out. He began to doodle in it and I frowned.

Maybe his family is a touchy subject. I'll just stop bringing it up.

"Hey, I'm sorry if I said the wrong thing." I told him and he chuckled. "I didn't mean to."

"It's fine. I'm just tired aswell. It didn't hit me until the bell rang and I realized just how much effort it is to keep my eyes open." He told me and I nodded.

"Okay." I said and nodded although I didn't believe him. The smile didn't match his eyes, which were a dark hazel color and a bit glossy.

-

"Hey, watch where you're going you bitch." Some girl said as I bumped into her. I looked up at her since I had fallen on the ground. "Are my clothes dirty? I just had Genevieve iron and clean them."

"Who's that?" I asked, totally confused. She scoffed, as if she was offended that I didn't know.

"My maid you nimrod." She told me and I nodded. "God, I don't want to be around someone as stupid and uneducated as you. Bye." She said and walked away from me.