Chapter Twenty-five

-unedited, I will edit once I wake up-

Katelyn's point of view

"I'm going to pretend that I don't know and wait until they tell me. I bet Luke was drunk and high when he told me so he won't remember." I told Jacob as he drove me back to the house.

"If they don't tell you before the album drops, bring it up okay?" He said and I nodded as I yawned again. "You had a bag for nothing."

"If you weren't out here last night, I wouldn't be coming back today." I told him and he nodded. "Don't ask why or where, but I have a place I would have gone, somewhere no one could find me."

"Would it be illegal?"

"Yes." I said and smiled. He laughed and shook his head as he turned the corner. "I would have stayed and came back on Sunday, maybe even after school on Monday."

"They would have called the cops."

"I would have sent them a text that I'm fine." I told him and he nodded. "I'm telling them we fell asleep at the beach because they no doubt checked the park last night."

"Sounds like a plan." He told me and nodded. "So we fell asleep there and left because?"

"They were drunk and high and we needed quiet time since it was loud." I told him and he nodded. "That's it. I doubt we'll need any more of a backstory."

"Got it." He said and nodded as he pulled up to the house. I sighed and then kissed his cheek. "Do you want me to come with you?"

"I'm fine." I said and smiled. "I'll see you at school." I told him and he nodded. I opened the door and threw my bag over my shoulder.

I walked away from the car and as I walked to the door, it swung open. Luke stood there with crossed arms and I rolled my eyes as I saw him.

"Where the fuck were you?"

"Getting laid."

He gasped and I walked past him. I went upstairs and threw the bag on my bed before taking my sweater off and tossing it aside aswell, leaving me in a tank-top and some skinny jeans.

"Katelyn May Clifford get your ass down here right this instant!" I heard Luke yell and I saw a bunch of pink gift bags on my desk.

Again with the anonymous gifts...

I shook my head and then walked downstairs like Luke oh so nicely asked me too. I looked at him and he crossed his arms again.

"Where were you and who were you with young lady? Michael went to check the park but you weren't there." He told me and I looked at him.

"I was at the beach with Jacob. We needed to get away drop drunken and high adults and a house with music so loud that you can't hear anything." I told him and he stuck his nose up in the air.

"Is that so?" He asked me and rose an eyebrow. "What did you and Jacob do?"

"Will you stop with that question? You always ask about it. Like I tell you all the time, we didn't do anything. We never do!" I said because he just assumes we have sex when we're alone.

We hold hands and kissed once. Once.

"Don't blame me for not trusting you when you walk around in short skirts and crop tops and are always hanging off his arm."

"Who bought me those clothes?" I asked him and he went silent. "Yeah, you did. Besides, I'm not hanging off his arm."

"You are too." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Besides, my friend said that he saw you two making out in a corner after Jack left."