Chapter 46 |The countdown

Day 1 of The countdown 4 days and 6 hrs 30 minutes and 20 seconds till the wedding

Seagulls squawking the water moving and receding.
The aroma of saltwater intoxicated the air as a hint of decomposing seaweed and other life forms smell hide behind the slippery tidal rocks ; waves gently splashing against it .
A breeze wafts across my cheek, it is not really a breeze so much as it is a waft of disturbed air.
The ting sound of the Halyards on the boats is rythmic.
The exquisite blue sea tries to eat further and further but fails... the golden dust cover the remarkable land as the sun makes it become hotter.
I remembered this beach mom and Dave always took me and Robert when we were younger before the divorce.
We used to have so much fun me and Robert chasing our kites they used to fly so high you couldn't see them and in the evening we would have a picnic under the sun as fireflies flew above us as I closed my eyes embracing the echoes of the wind and the creeks of the crickets hiding in the meadows.

"We're nearly there" Robert announced as I laid my head in the crook of his neck while Alex was in the front watching the last bits of gossip girl on his iPad , Zach was promoting his new stock on "red jacket" sweaters and hoodies on Twitter as Austin parked up the range.
As we were exiting the car the girls and Jesse and Logan told us to meet them by a deck further along the beach hidden by some forest or whatever they said they were mumbling on the phone so I couldn't hear them clearly but it some sort of surprise or gift from "the crew" so I was pretty excited to see what it was.

We walked along the beach...well that's bs we ran along the beach then we were by the deck in just 2 minutes.
When I saw the waterfall  I immediately remembered this place me Sarah and Daisha stumbled on it when Daisha was the new girl at school and we ditched the rest of school to go the mall.
It kind of reminds you of the lake Atitlán in Guatemala which is one of the world's most beautiful sacred places. The tall cedar tree casted itself to reflect against the water on the west side of the lake making a dark silhouette against the blue clear water.
When the wind blows the suns reflection makes the ripples glimmer.
A fish breaks the surface of the water and churns it slightly interupting my daydream, I look up and see the top of the sun, a semi circle of a giant disk being lowered behind a forested hill.
The dragonflies caught my attention landing on a bullrush nearby, I slightly shift my gaze for a moment to see them in their metallic blue finery.
I moved my attention towards the water again.
The water had so many differant hues of blue, reflecting the bright blue sky, near the shore it was pale blue, nearly translucant, as it got deeper it changed from pale blue to deep deep dark blue, you could see that the trees on the far side of the lake were mirrored on the lake, with it being fall, the leaves were in full color, and as the lake rippled, they seemed to dance with a life of their own.
As I remain still, layers of water somehow become apparent, the open light layers with minnows darting about next to the shaded layers of the lake.
The heron wadeing in the shallows diping his head in and out of the water had that majestic look.
The blue jays were feeding upside down from some plants at waters edge.
As we sat quietly on the edge of the deck , three whitetail deer came from the forest edge, as two drank it seemed as if the other one was the lookout, looking around for any sign of threat but joined the others seeing their was no threat near by.
It's seemed so majestic and enchanted like it was really mesmerising.

"Wow" Robert said reading all of our minds

"You can say that again" Daisha said not moving her gaze from our surroundings
"wo-"
" Not literally" Daisha quickly covered Roberts mouth
I just slightly giggled to myself as I rest my head on Austin's broad shoulders

"It's beautiful" He muttered I looked up at his flawless face his face was so amazed and focused its showed what the power of Mother Nature can do to a couple of kids that didn't really pay attention to the simplistic things in life.
It makes you realise moments like this don't come offend so you cherish them as much as possible especially with the people you love it's great exploring places like this on your own but it's even better if you can share it with people you love instead of wasting a click of a button just to take a picture but could mentally remember this moment for life which is way better ; memories last longer than an instant picture.

~

We set up a campfire a bit further from the deck where we would just sit around the fire with marshmallows talking about our past like when I left to live with my mother at the age of 6 and what it was like growing up in LA or how life was when Daisha was growing up in San Fran.
We also talked about what the boys did before me and Daisha transferred over to San Antonio and what Noah's life was like growing up in Tennessee then moving to San Antonio we laughed and cried about the moments and memories we all shared as a group but we're growing up and soon we'll have to say our goodbyes and go our separate ways.
Sarah and Alex are moving to Miami whereas Daisha and Robert are moving to LA just like Andrea and Zach but Noah's staying in San Antonio and Luna going to New York to go see her girlfriend and Jesses moving to Atlanta and Logan's moving to the UK as for me and Austin we'll just go where the wind takes us.
Just because we're all moving around to different states or countries doesn't mean it's the end ...we'll soon see each other in the future it's just going to be hard not seeing their faces everyday and living so close by.
I'm really going to miss the moments like these it felt like we were back in high school again.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter please vote and comment below 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼 : 💚💜💚💜💚💜💚💜
~ thank you for reading 💕