Chapter 32

3 months later|

Graduation

Hazel pov:

The day has come.
The day we finally move on with our lives and start from fresh.
The day I graduate.
I can't lie I'm hella nervous.
We are now sitting on the chairs with our navy blue academic dresses and square academic caps on.
I felt a sea of anxiety deep down, I could feel my nerves tingling like being tickled with a small feather.
My nerves were like a waterfall : they always feel quite quick to me ; especially when the feeling of the cold flush that comes down your body is like being suddenly drenched in water.
I started panting as I felt the throbbing of my heart pounding against my chest as if it was moving up to my throat.
I felt a hand on top of mine, I darted my attention towards the person who had placed their hand on mine.
It was Austin.
He just smiled at me then whispered "stop worrying you'll be fine" as he squeezed my hand reassuringly.
Huh easy for you to say Mr hot shot I'm always confident.
But I did take his advice into consideration and took a deep breathe.

"The principals goal of education is to create individuals who are capable of doing new things not simply of repeating what other generations have already done what you leave behind is not what's engraved on stone monuments but what is woven into the life of others.
Remember goodbyes are not forever and goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you until we will meet again...this speech was written to push you to make something for yourself we believe in you ....so now put your hands together and please bring Hazel Jada Villanueva Brown to the stage"
Mrs Mill said our principle spoke through the mic as everyone cheered and clapped for me.
Fuck.
It's the moment of truth.
The moment I've been dreading.

"Whooooooo! go hazel" I heard Jesse and Logan scream

"We'll hello Lady Bird Johnson High School!" I shouted confidently

"Whooooo!"
"Hell yeah!"
"Go Hazel!"
"We love you!"

"I just want to thank Mrs mill for giving us all the opportunity to do well in life"

"I'm not going to lie to you I'm shitting myself"
It blurted out my mouth but it was the truth all I could see was my mom putting her head down as my fathers just burst out laughing with the rest of the crowd whilst Logan and Jesse shout out "you done fuck up" and "legend".

"But moving onto my speech"

"Graduation is only a concept. In real life everyday you graduate.
Graduation is a process that goes on until the last day of your life...if you can grasp that, you can make a difference.
If you can imagine it you , can achieve it .
If you can dream it , you can become it.
I am only one but I am one .
I cannot do everything but I can do something.
And I will not let anything I cannot do interfere with what I can do!
Never let it be said that to dream is a waste of ones time ,for dreams are our realities in waiting.
In dreams we plant the seeds of our future.
Just remember to be inspired its great but to inspire is incredible.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
So shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars.
Your time is limited so don't waste that time living someone else's life!
There are no short cuts to any place worth going...so go to college and university and get the life you've always dreamt by never giving up!
In the future it will be weird how day by day nothing changes but when you look back ...everything is different.
I hope your dreams take you to the corner of your smiles , to the highest of your hopes to the window of many opportunities and to the most special places your heart has ever known.
Wherever your heart go , go with your heart because the journey doesn't start at the beginning it begins at the end! ..."