Chapter 26

My mind is fuzzy the last remnants of a dream being chased away by the realisation that I am awake again.
It was a nice dream this time something about sitting in a big oak tree in meadow full of flowers but the details are fading fast even as I try to recall them.
With a mental sigh I allow my brain to focus and cautiously open one eye.
The bright spring sunlight cuts the room in half and I see dust-motes dancing in the wall of light.
I pull the duvet up over my head to keep it out.
It was a Saturday and I had nothing better to do.
I crawled out of bed and dragged my feet towards the bathroom.
I turn on the tap to the bathtub.
My bath was extremely hot but I liked it like that I could stay in here for hours without feeling cold.
I was moving around in the bathtub...it felt like I was in the sea.
It felt like the water was all around me like I was floating on the water.
I lay there enjoying the water cresting my skin.
The water was soon drawing an increase of pleasure along my body easing my body and making me feel relaxed.
The smell of lavender filled my nostril making me relax even more.
A few moments later, after I was done soaking myself in bath I lay on my bed thinking of something to do to pass time.
I looked outside as my double doors to my balcony were wide open I felt the warm breeze blow gently crease against my skin.
I decide I would go to the beach as it was nice weather.

———————————————————————

It was ashimmering expanse of endless white that cushioned the ocean's timeless arrival bringing with it the seas flotsam to decorate the sands soft bed as the dry, soft sand is warm as it slips up around my feet and even in between my toes.
Each step I take feels a little like I'm slipping backwards as my toes sink into the sand.

The beach was warm as the sun shone bright upon the sea, palm trees bordered the walkway of the beach, and the sand was extremely soft.
As the waves lapped gently up against the shore seagulls flew down and pecked at the crabs that were coming in with the tide.
It was a long beach, it wasn't very big in width, but most of the it was loitered and crammed full of people, deck chairs, beach umbrella's and children running around.
You could hear the children screaming, murmurs overlapping each other, the waves and seagulls coming in, you can taste the saltiness of the air and the feeling of sand between your toes when you walk, the summer breeze and warmth on your bare back.

I loved the beach it brought back good memories when I would always go to the beach with my mom, dad and two idiotic brothers that I love very much.
I just smile to myself remembering all the fun we shared together.
But soon realised that I can't just hide from all my problems.
Sooner or later I'm going to face all those people that judged me.
The irrelevant ones that didn't mean nothing to me and needed to mind their own business.
But what's going to be the main challenge is facing Austin and the others.
I didn't know how I still called them as friends considering they left me out and avoided me for a whole week for no explanation especially when I needed them the most.
But it hurt more that it was my brother as-well.
My own brother.
My 'twin' brother to be specific.
We had more of a connection than any other siblings.
Couldn't he feel my pain?
He let me down.
He really did.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter please vote and comment💜💚💜💚xxx