Chapter 27| Lost

A month later|

Austin POV:
It's been a month...a fucking month since I last seen hazel.
I called and texted her telling her to call me back or that
'I'm sorry' and 'how much I messed up' but she just ignores them.
She even blocked my number so I can't even contact her anymore.
Who could blame her?
I just want to tell her how much I miss her and how much I need her the kiss was nothing.
I just lost the most important person in my life.
She is the love of my life and I screwed it up.
How could screw this up?
I needed her.
I craved her.
She was like a drug.
I'm addicted to her and no rehab could keep me away.
Everybody says that I need to let her go but it's not that easy.
I can't eat or sleep without dreaming about her being their imprinted on my mind.
I need her more than anything.
I'm lost without her.
You lose apart of yourself when someone you love leaves you.
I have never loved someone as much as I love hazel.
She's my everything.
Fuck.
She's my world and my world is slowly crumbling without her.
Everyone's nervous and worried about me.
They they think I'm going crazy.
That's ridiculous.
Me going crazy?
Never Im just-I'm fine. I just need hazel.
My heart feels like it's bleeding right now like its a wound that will never patch up again.
It's an endless pain.
I felt empty.

"Austin"
"Austin!" She repeated but more louder
"What!" I croaked out barely in a whisper but loud enough for her to hear me.
"Come down stairs ...you haven't eaten for days.
I'm worried about you"
She croaked out with light snifles.
"I'm fine mom...I'm not hungry"
I walked down the stairs as I open my arms wide enough for her to hug me.
"Your not okay!
Austin your not okay ...your haven't been eating , you never leave your room.
I hear you cry yourself to sleep and it kills me.
It kills me to see my baby like this.
I know you love hazel and I know she's hurting more than you do but your hurting yourself because of your own actions ...you need to stop! I need my son back"
She sobbed into my chest slightly slamming her fist against my chest.
I hated seeing her like this.
It's like I cause more misery in her life.

"I don't want you to end up like him"
She whispered referring to my father.
He committed suicide when I was very little.
I never really knew him.
It's sad really. But that's the way it is.

"I know I haven't been the greatest son since ...we'll for a while but I'm sorry I don't mean to keep hurting you and I'm sorry for all the bad shit I've put you through these past few years.
I've changed into a better person because of hazel.
I can't live without her mom ...I just cant"

"Its going to be okay...she'll be back I know she will"
She muttered with glossy eyes, wiping her tears away instantly.
I scrunch up my eyebrows in confusion.

"Just think of it as a mothers instinct"
She smiled widely before I kissed her on the forehead and went to the kitchen to make us some breakfast.

———————————————————————-

After breakfast I had a shower and spent the whole day with my mom watching comedy films.
My mother excused herself int he middle of the film as she had to call someone quickly.
I felt it was weird that she had to call someone.
She doesn't really have much friends as they all live in different states living their busy lives as we do with ours.
I just shrugged it off and continued to watch the rest of the film.

Michele POV:
There's a kind of tired that needs a good night's sleep, and another that needs so much more.
For me, one became the other, starting out as the "one night kind" until one day it was ever present - like it once was a heavy jacket but became heavy bones.
It was then I knew that being tired could be a wearing of the emotions too, that it can come together with a tired body, and become an ingrained part of a life that isn't lived, but survived, endured.
I wasn't born for that and neither was he.
We didn't come to be on a planet of such beauty and abundance to live like this, so drained, stressed, too thin to cope with life's storms and help others with theirs.

"Hello"
Her voice answered with excitement.
My lips instantly curled up into a wide smile.
I was so happy to hear her voice again.

"Hello beautiful ...how are you holding up?"
I whispered hoping Austin couldn't hear me.

"I'm fine ...well I'm scared.
I just can't handle Austin and the others but I know I'm going to have to face them at some point, I can't just keep hiding out in LA all my life.
That's why I decided to come back to San Antonio this Saturday but I'm showing my face to everyone on the Monday so you'll have to keep it a secret for a bit longer.
I've already booked an hotel just outside of San Antonio "
She responds with a shaky voice.
She was nervous.
Like hail on a glass pane, the drumming of her fingers was as relentless as it was loud.
Each click of the freshly painted nails echoed on the table the tumultuous thudding of her heart beat could be heard from states away.

"I know your scared but your hurting and he is too.
His not good.
I'm worried about him so much"
I said in a shaky voice as a tear slid down my cheek.
I didn't want to tell her earlier but I had too.
His my son.
Whatever happened needed to be sorted out.

"He's not eating or sleeping properly he's become angry and anxious ...I just want my old bubbly Austin back"
I continued as I sniffled

"I-I don't know what to say"
I know she still loves him I've spoke to her mother nearly everyday checking up on her.
Her sigh was of a softly deflating; it was as if a tension had lifted yet left her with a melancholy instead of relief.

"Mom. Are you ok?" Austin says coming towards me

"Yes! Of course we'll make sure those cupcakes are cooked perfectly for the 2015 prom for our little boys"
I shrieked trying to pretend I didn't acknowledge Austin's existence.

"Oh I gotcha his is entered the room ...well thank you and I love you so much Michele I'm glad I've got you"
She said I could tell she was smiling when she said it.
My eyes became glossy but I had to overcome them before Austin suspects I was lying the whole time on the phone.

"I'll speak to you later Susan ...mewah!"

"Come on mom...the movies going to end"
Austin called out as he runs towards the tv.
Just the slight of Austin's tired brown slippers rounding the corner was enough to release the breath I didn't even know I was holding.
With the sigh my shoulders relaxed and my face lit up into the person my son knew.

"Yeah I'll be there in a second!"
I looked at my home screen with a picture of Austin and Hazel holding hands looking deep into each other's eyes with so much passion and love.

"I love you too and I can't wait for you to reunite with me ...but mainly Austin"
I muttered as I pressed the lock to my phone and jogged towards the couch as Austin cuddles up into the blanket stealing all the skittles.
Typical.
I just simply laughed at him.

"What?" He said with an eyebrow raised

"Nothing...just nothing" I smiled widely.

"Weirdo"
He mumbled I just giggle to myself before throwing a pillow at his face.
If only he knew.

You'll always be my little Austin I'll always love you no matter what you do I said to my self

Hope you enjoyed the chapter please vote and comment 💜💚💜💚xxxx