TMNT Raphael X Reader A Misunderstanding

You and Raphael have been together for about two months and so far things between you two have been going great. However for the past couple of days, Raphael has been giving you the cold shoulder. You asked his brothers about it and said they had no idea either. When you tried to confront him about it he'd shrug it off and reply with a simple 'nothing.' You could tell something was bothering him but he refused to talk about it.

At the moment, Raphael lied down on his bed, he turned his head to look over at the small pillow where his pet turtle Spike used to sleep. He wished he was still here, he really needed someone to talk to right now. Then Raphael's gaze shifted over toward a photograph of you and Raphael. It showed you two sitting close with both your arms around each other with a big grin on both your faces. He sighed as he thought back to the night patrol a couple nights ago.

(Flashback)

Tonight was the usual night patrol that he and his brothers would go on. Raphael hopped from rooftop to rooftop ahead of his siblings until he stopped on top of a random store. He noticed a diner across the street and then you stepped out. Raphael lovingly sighed, ever since you two got together he's been pretty happy to have you in his life. He was about to drop over to the alley next to the diner until an older guy, most likely a college student, walked out of the same diner. The guy was a few inches taller than you with wild brown hair and some facial stub. Raphael noticed a small black paper gift bag in his hand. Then he went over to you and you both started to talk and laugh, clearly you two knew each other.

'What?' Raphael scowled in thought.

Raphael continued to watch as the guy handed you the bag and you two started to walk down the street. The red branded turtle followed closely behind until you were at the front step of the apartment building where you lived. Raphael stopped in an alley next to the building and tried to get close enough to listen in but also not to get caught.

"Hey thanks for the food, we need to do this more often," you said.

"I know and thanks for earlier," the guy replied.

"You're welcome," you said as you gave him a brief hug. Raphael glared at this.

"I'll see you on Sunday. Oh and don't forget the-"

"I know, I know, bye," you said before you went inside.

Not long after the college guy left down the sidewalk and disappeared around the corner.

Raphael gritted his teeth, 'Ok, who the hell was that? And why is ______ with him? Wait a minute...Is she? No, that can't be. Right?'

Then Raphael took off for the roof and sprinted toward a few more buildings. When he met up with his brothers, they immediately noticed something was up with him.

"Raph, what's wrong?" Leonardo asked.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing," he growled.

"Um Raph-," Michelangelo said but he was cut off.

"I said it's nothing!" Raphael shouted, Michelangelo flinched.

Before his brothers could say anything else, Raphael took off. Donatello and Michelangelo were about to follow after him but Leonardo stopped them, he figured Raphael might need some space.

(End Flashback)

Raphael sat up in his bed and tried to think it over. He didn't want to believe that you were seeing someone else, but still it bothered him. He wanted to ask you about it yet deep down he was afraid that you might dump him.

Meanwhile you sat down in the kitchen, you tried to figure out what was going on with Raphael. All you could think about was that he was either mad at you about something or he might not be into you anymore. You were hoping it was the first one.

"______," a deep voice said.

You looked up and saw Master Splinter standing in the doorway. "Hi sensei," you said.

"I have heard that you and my son have been having relationship issues lately," Master Splinter said.

"I guess you can say that."

"Would you like to talk about it?" He asked as he sat across from you.

You took in a deep breath, "Sensei, I don't know what to do. I mean, one day we were getting along great and then the next he's been distant. Did I do something? Did I say something? I asked what's wrong but he won't tell me."

Master Splinter stroked his beard and nodded, "That is quite the conundrum."

"Who knows, maybe he doesn't like me anymore," you sighed.

"______, Raphael cares for you deeply but sometimes he does not open up about things which causes his emotions get the better of him, whatever the problem is I am sure you two can figure it out."

You thought about it for a moment then stood up, "Thanks Sensei." Then you left the lair and returned home for the night.

The next day, you went down to the lair and you were on your way to talk to Raphael. You entered the dojo and saw Raphael doing some push ups with his sais as supports. You walked over to him and stood a few feet away, he looked up at you for a moment but he continued his workout.

"Raph, we need to talk," you stated.

"About what?" Raphael said flatly.

You crossed your arms, "How about the fact that you've been ignoring me for the past few of days, what's your problem?"

Raphael stood up onto his feet, "What's my problem?! I could ask you the same thing."

"Excuse me?"

"When I was out on patrol a few nights ago, I saw you getting friendly with some college guy."

"What?!" You yelled, "What guy?"

"That guy I saw you with at the diner, he walked you home, he handed you a small bag, and then he was all 'see you on Sunday.' Tell me, who was that?"

You paused as you mentally traced back until it finally hit you, "Oh! That guy."

Raphael raised a brow, "So you do know him."

"I should, he's my cousin."

Raphael paused with a dumbfounded look on his face, "Y-your cousin?"

"Yeah, and the reason I was with him that night was because I was helping him pick out a wedding ring for his girlfriend."

Raphael winced but he didn't reply.

"Wait.... Is this why you were acting so cold towards me?" You asked.

Raphael looked down to his feet, he felt embarrassed and ashamed for making an assumption like that.

"Why didn't you ask me about this sooner?" You asked gently.

Raphael looked up to face you, "Look, I'm sorry, I just...I just didn't want to lose you to someone else."

"Oh Raph," you said softly then you hugged him around his shoulders. Raphael tensed but he returned the hug by wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Listen, you're not going to lose me to someone else. Besides, I prefer a certain stubborn, hotheaded, red masked turtle."

Before Raphael could reply you kissed him on the lips for a couple seconds. When you pulled back, Raphael pulled you back in for another kiss making it last a little longer than the first one. You smiled a little and then you two slowly parted.

"So, forgive me?" Raphael asked.

"I'll forgive you under one condition, next time something's bugging you please talk to me about it," you said.

Raphael gave a playful shrug, "I can do that."