"Something like that" I replied to the human after taking a sip of my martini, which had a sharp and bitter taste.

He smiled and took a sip of his own drink. It was then I noticed the glittering gold ring on his ring finger. He was either married or engaged.

"Why? You are doing the same?" I asked when he didn't say anything.

"I had been through a similar experience once" he said calmly.

"Your wife?" I asked.

"Fiancée"

"What happened? If you don't mind me asking" I said quietly.

"Let's just say I was struck between a rock and a hard place. I thought what I was doing was the right thing but it hurt both of us a lot" he said with a shrug and I stared at my drink, thinking that his situation was similar to mine.

"You got through it?" I inquired.

"Yes" he replied sincerely and I blinked, wondering how they got through it. "Now, we are going to get married" he said with a genuine smile and raised his glass. He loved his fiancée, it was visible through his eyes and I wondered how it felt to be loved like that by a guy.

"How did you get through it?" I asked, desperately wanting to know how he found so much happiness even after everything.

"By beating the shit out of each other" he answered seriously and my eyes widened before I laughed loudly.

Just then his cell phone, which was placed on the counter, started ringing and I looked at the screen which had a photo of a beautiful girl with ebony hair. "That her?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I have to take this" he mumbled before leaving. As I watched his retreating back, I realized that we did not even exchange names.

Whoever he was, he made me feel better.

__

That night, I was racing through the woods in my wolf form. I couldn't sleep one bit at night these days. It's the time when I am alone and all the time I spent with Quillon keeps playing in my mind like some movie.

Later, I found a quiet place in the middle of the woods and sat there.

I woke up when I heard growls of other wolves. Opening my eyes, I looked at the newly shifted pups who were playfully brawling. When they saw me standing up, they stopped and ran away.

Sel connected with me through the link at that moment and asked me to come home.

Thank-fully, Betsy was the one who had cooked breakfast today. After breakfast, Duncan agreed to drop me to the farm.

Before leaving to the farm, he caught Sel in his arms and kissed her sweetly.

"Why are you kissing her? She is my mama" Lorcan said with a pout and my body shook in silent laughter. He always has a problem with that!

"Oi... If I hadn't kissed your mama you wouldn't have been here" Duncan replied straightly and I burst out laughing, while Sel and Lorcan frowned at him.

"That is just gross Duncan" I said shaking my head.

"Hey, at least I am not showing affection in front of the camera" Duncan said smugly and I blinked in bewilderment.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, my eyes flickering to Sel, who was trying to hold back a grin.

"Wait a minute" Duncan said and dashed towards his office. While he returned, he was holding a magazine in his hand.