Chapter Thirty-seven

Start from the beginning

I looked up at him and he looked down at me. "You have a stubble." I said and pointed it out. "You're growing facial hair before Calum."

"I've had facial hair since I was fourteen." He said and chuckled. "I've just shave it because I look weird with it." He said and I chuckled.

"What happened to your shirt?" I asked because I just realized he didn't have one on.

"Before I came in here, me and Luke were working out." He explained and I nodded. "That's why I'm in sweats and a shirt."

"Can I paint you?" I asked him and he looked at me. "Like, not a self portrait on you. Can I paint on you? Your stubble is making me stressed."

"What? How?" He asked asnd he laughed.

"Because it's all patchy and doesn't connect and it's just bothering me." I said as I traced it. "Plus, I have a test on Monday." I said and he nodded.

"Uh, sure. Go ahead. Just make sure that paint it washable." He said and I nodded.

He laid down on his stomach and I grabbed my little tray of paint. I handed it to him and he held in front of him. I grabbed a clean paintbrush then ruled the sleeves if this long sleeve up.

I put my knees on either side of his lower back and then grabbed the paint. "I swear to god Clifford, if I end up with a dick on my back, I will not hesitate to do the same to you, but with a sharpie." He said and I laughed.

"That's not going to happen." I said and he nodded as I dipped my paintbrush into the black. "I'm making something nice. You'll love it, especially when I post a picture on twitter." I said and he laughed a bit.

"It tickles, and it's cold." He said and I laughed with him. I continued the black outline and then stopped to think about the symbol.

"The guys will love this." I said as I continued the outline. "I love this song." I said and he hummed.

"Follow You by Bring Me The Horizon?" He asked and I hummed as it played.

"My head is haunting me and my heart feelings like a ghost." I sang along and he chuckled lightly. I hummed along and Jacob laughed. "Stop moving!"

"It tickles!" He said and I huffed. "I'll stop now, promise." He said and I thanked him. "Cross my heart and hope to die, promise you I'll never leave your side."

"We should take selfies, post them on instagram, and put the caption the lyrics to this song." I said and I knew he wanted to laughed. "Everyone will vomit at how cute we are."

"Or everyone will hate us because apparently Bring Me The Horizon and 5 Seconds of Summer should not mix. Some girl yelled at me for wearing a 5sos shirt one day, and then a Bring Me shirt the next." He said.

"They better get over it I mean, the guys are friends with the lead singer and they covered one of their songs." I said as I re-painted the outline to darken it.

"Do you really want to do that though?"

"Yeah."

"We can do it after you get finished painting boobs on my back." He said and I laughed. "You're not paint boobs on my back, a-"

"No Jacob, I am not." I said and he nodded. "I'm making a h-dammit. I need water." I said because my paintbrush was all black. I needed red.

"Michael!" I yelled and Jacob laughed. "I need your help!" I yelled and Jacob continues to sing quietly, his head resting on his arm.

"What-is going on here?" He asked as he saw me and Jacob. "Explain-"

"I'm being an artist. Now I need two more paint brushes. Please help me." I said and he narrowed his eyes as he went to my desk. "No I'm not shoving them up his ass. I'm painting."

"Oh god Katelyn." Jacob said as he laughed. "Stop talking." He told me and I giggled, taking the two brushes my Michael.

"You can go now." I said and dipped a brush in red pain. I began to color inside of the outlined shape and Michael walked out after Jacob told him that nothing sexual was going on.

"Oh Dios mío." I said and huffed as I handed him the two paintbrushes I didn't need right now. "I'm fourteen. He needs to stop thinking I'm going to end up sucking dick behind his back. Jesus, I may act like a hoe, and dress like one sometimes, but I'm not one."

"I want to say something, but I don't know what to say." He said and I chuckled. "You listen to Sleeping With Sirens?" He asked.

"I met Kellin one day and Michael decided to embarrass me by saying I didn't know who he was. So Michael spent that day teaching me about them." I said and he nodded.

"I wanna paint down my memories, so I don't forget. Can we dance when it's cold out, can we live with no regrets?" Me and Jacob sang along and I hummed.

"I'm not a singer, sorry."

"I'm not either man, it's cool." I said and he nodded. "So, after this, do you want to dance outside? It's cold out."

"I think I'll pass." He said and I chuckled. "Actually..." He trailed off. "I think that will be fun." He told me.

"We'll go once we post pictures." I said and he nodded as I put one last coat of red paint on the part. I switched him for the clean on and then dipped the clean one into my grey paint.

"This is One Direction." He dead panned as Perfect came on. "My sister never shuts up about them. Good god, oh my god Larry! Oh my god Niall! Oh my god Liam! Urgh, kill me."

"This is a good song, shut up and listen to how beautiful it is." I said and he nodded. I continued to paint on his back and I hummed along.

"Hella Taylor Swift," he snickered as the line 'if you're looking for someone to write your break up songs about' came on. "Just like the god damned paper airplane necklace in the Style music video."

"Uh." I said, totally confused. "For someone who doesn't like them, I don't understand how you know so much about them." I said.

"Kaleb had a brother who's like fifteen and he's obsessed with them. He said Taylor and Harry used to date but it was only because Harry is secretly fucking Louis up the ass." He said and I rose my eyebrow at him.

"You need to stop talking about gay sex and Larry." I said and he agreed. "You also need to tell Kaleb that he's a little shithead, and you need to tell your sister that I'm sorry she's related to Shrek."

"So you find Shrek hot then, very nice Katelyn." He said and we laughed. "I'm tired babe." He told me.

"Aww, poor baby." I pouted and I know he rolled his eyes. I reached up and scratched his scalp lightly as I ruffled his hair, like people do to dogs. "You can go to sleep once the pain dries, I'm almost finished." I told him.

"Yay." He said and I laughed as I finished the grey paint. I handed him the brush and then closed the tray of paints. "You're finished?" He asked me.

"Yep." I said and got off of him. I out my paints away and then crouched down in front of him. "Thank you for not moving too much Jacob." I said and he smiled, that God damn lip ring as he did so.

I gave him a kiss since that lip ring was so mesmerizing and so nice, and then chuckled. "It shouldn't take that long to dry, promise." I told him and he nodded as he pulled away.

"One day, you'll be the canvas." He said and I laughed. "You'll understand the pain and effort it takes to me still and have to deal with the tickle of the brush."

"That would mean I have to have no top on at all, so that day is not coming anytime soon." I said and he just wiggled his eyebrows. "Oh my god, you're an idiot. I'm dating an idiot!"

"Same Katelyn!" Michael yelled, causing me and Jacob to laugh loudly.

-

Question of the chapter:

-Has anyone every painted your back? Have you ever painted someone's back?

Author's answer:

-I've painted my friends back, well, drew on him with a bunch of Crayola markers because we were up at 5am and were bored. I've always wanted someone to use me like a canvas though I dunno.

Reader's answer:

-