Chapter 20: Future or...past?

Jocelyn's P.O.V.

I wonder why Kevin told me to stay in the house and don't go out. What is happening, exactly?

I picked up my phone, and unexpectedly, it shows no signal. I sighed and put it down back again.

What should I do for now? What can I do? I guess nothing.

I heard the door banging. I got curious. I went to the door, and leaned my ears against the door.

"Jocelyn! Jocelyn!" I heard Myungsoo's voice, shouting. "Open the door now! Now!" He shouted again.

I remembered Kevin's words. Not to open the door, and don't step out of it, no matter what happened.

And plus, think about bit, why Myungsoo will even be here? He's overseas working.

I peeked on the hole. There's no one outside. Am I imagining things? I walked back to the couch and sat down.

I stood up again, wanting to get some foods for myself. But the next thing I know, I passed out.

-------

Chen's P.O.V.

I locked the door behind me quickly. Even though I sort of don't believe what had the Kevin guy told, but preventing is better.

"Samcheon?" I heard Yeonwoo's voice from upstairs.

"Yeonwoo-ah! Is everyone home?" I quickly ran towards her and asked.

"Ne." She nodded.

"Thank God." I sighed.

"What happened, samcheon?"

"Nothing, go sleep for now first, alright?" I told her.

"Samcheon...harabeoji...harabeoji is in his friend house." Yeonwoo muttered.

My eyes widened. Harabeoji rarely go out. He didn't like going out anywhere.

"Jinjja?" I asked, making sure. Yeonwoo nodded at me.

I looked outside, and found that it's raining right now. I turned back to Yeonwoo and said, "Yeonwoo-ah, go to your room first, I'll tuck you to bed later."

She then nodded at me and went upstairs. I quickly pulled out my phone and dialled for harabeoji's number.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Harabeoji, it's me, Jongdae."

"Ahh...Jongdae. What happened?"

"Where are you now, harabeoji?"

"Me? I'm in my friend's house. Wae?"

"No...I'm just thinking that it's raining right now...and maybe it'll be better for you to stay in your friend's house."

"Ahh...yeah I'm staying here. Just to think of it, my friend's son is not home, so I couldn't go back as well. There's no car. And you know, at this time, it's too dangerous for an old man to take subway by himself."

"Okay...or...do you need me to fetch me tomorrow morning?"

"Ani, tomorrow evening will do. I want to spend more time here talking to my friend."

"Arasseo. Annyeong, harabeoji."

"Annyeong." I hang up the phone and let out a small sigh. Glad that harabeoji isn't coming home first.

I cleared my mind, and thought about Kevin's words. Why am I trusting him, anyways. People might say that don't simply trust stranger's words, but I trusted him now.