Chapter Twelve

Zayn woke up the next morning feeling miserable. Not only was his head throbbing, but his throat was as dry as the Sahara desert and his nappy was soaking wet. His belly ached and it hurt to look at the little cracks of sun coming through the slightly opened curtain, and overall he just didn't want to have to do anything all day.

But apparently god had other plans for him because not even five minutes later and Liam was exiting the restroom, freshly showered, and walking over to wake Zayn's sleeping figure.

"Come on, baby boy, it's wakey wakey time," Liam cooed as he carded his fingers through the sleeping boy's figure.

"No baba. M'tired," Zayn whined, voice coming out scratchier than his normal morning voice.

"We have an interview, bubba. Come on, let's get you nice and clean," Liam continued to coo as he lifted the boy up onto his hip and began to walk over to the bathroom.

Once there, Liam put down the whining boy and began to slowly undress him from his pajamas. It took a bit longer than normal with Zayn constantly trying to move away from the hands undressing him so he would rather cuddle the man, but finally Liam was left only with the nappy to take off and that's when he noticed something.

"Baby, is your tummy alright? Your nappy is overfilling," Liam asked with a hint of worry in his voice and immediately tears began to fall down the boy's face.

"Icky," Zayn whined before finding himself gagging a bit.

As if knowing what was about to happen, Liam quickly lifted the boy to be over the toilet just in time for him to release any food or liquid that was left in his system. He was held above the toilet, emptying his stomach for a good five minutes before Liam heard his stomach release a nasty gurgling sound. It didn't take a genius to figure out what had happened, but even if you were a little slow from that the smell was quick to follow.

Liam noticed Zayn's sobs hardening at that and all he could do was continue to console the boy. He rubbed his back, played with his hair, whispered sweet nothings into his ear until finally the boy was able to sit back against the wall only to immediately cringe at the feeling underneath him.

"C'mon, lovey, Daddy and Papa have your bigger nappies, so let's go over to grab one and to tell them you're going to be staying home today," Liam cooed as he lifted the boy and walked over to the connecting rooms door.

Upon entering the room that was being used as a living room almost, Liam immediately took notice of Harry making a kettle of tea as well as a rather pale looking Niall sprawled out across the sofa.

"Is he sick as well?" Liam asked Harry while feeling the blonde's forehead, which obviously was overheating.

"What do you mean as well? Who else is sick?" Harry asks, only for Liam to bounce Zayn up a bit as to say this little one. "Oh no, baby, has your tummy been hurting too?"

"Just finished getting sick. We need one of the bigger pampers, where can I find one?"

"Under the cupboard in the next room's bathroom. Louis' showering at the moment, already out of headspace," Harry said and Liam just nodded as he made his way into the bathroom.

"Occupied people!" Louis said in a rather annoyed manner. When he wasn't in headspace, he tended to like his privacy just a bit more.

"I'm getting Zayn's nappies relax, Lou," Liam said with a chuckle as he grabs the pack of nappies before going back out to the bedroom to lay out the nappy matt as well as Zayn.

Even still, when Zayn messes his nappy it's as though WWIII should be taking place when trying to change it, however, it seems as though he's more sick than Liam thought because he didn't even bat an eye throughout the change.