Chapter 71: Dead-guy fire

"Adam Winchester? He's alive down there still? How bad would his soul be?"

"Michael might protect his vessel, unlike Lucifer. Adam could be fine. Maybe. The problem is he is still possessed by Michael and you would also have to get passed Lucifer."

"You don't think there's any chance Michael would just help me get Adam out of there if I tell him it's to shut hell?"

"When you do, you will be shutting Michael in the cage for all eternity. No I do not think he will help you."

"Right. Okay. How would I get Michael out of Adam?"

"It is not possible Maria. Even if you could save Adam you need to deliver an innocent soul unto heaven. Adam is still alive down there."

"If I close the gates I'm going to shut him in the cage forever."

"There are millions of human souls in hell. More go there everyday. Adam is just one of them. If you go through with this you are locking the door on countless souls. When you die you will go to hell too. This-"

"I what?"

"The point of the trials is sacrifice. You're dying to close hell. If you end up in heaven it is not a sacrifice."

"Oh . . . Okay. I'm still going through with this, but okay."

"Are you completely certain? You don't have to do this no one is making you."

"Demons killed my parents. I can't find them and even if I could there's always another one out there who wants to kill me or the next prophet and ruin everyone's lives. I mean Hells not everything wrong with the world. There's other monsters, and heaven isn't so great either but I can fix this one thing. I can put the demons in a box and all the human souls can go to heaven. Yes I'm absolutely positive in going through with this."

"I will find a reaper," promised Hannah. "They will know of someone for you to save. And one more thing." She put two fingers to my forehead. "I have repaired some of the damage on the outside, temporarily. You look better now. I can not repair any internal damage. Be careful."

"Thank you," I said. Hannah nodded and poofed away.

::::::

"Hey Maria," Dean shook my arm, "Why is there a person in the dungeon? And Eldon Stein's corpse in the library?"

"Oh yeah they broke in in the middle of the night and they were trying to take our books."

"Okay but his eyes are burned out," said Dean. "Like an angel burned them out."

"Well there were two of them and I didn't take my gun so I prayed and Hannah helped me." My face was still in my pillow.

"And she didn't try to take you to the desert or something?"

"No I took care of it, we're cool now."

"How did you do that?"

"I have my ways.

"Okay and the guy in the dungeon?"

"Eldon's brother Cyrus."

"Why's he alive?"

"He surrendered and he sorta tried to stop Eldon from killing me and he didn't ever try to kill Charlie so I figured we didn't really have to kill him."

"You didn't think he would y'know rip off his own arm to escape?"

"Did he do that?"

"No."

"Then apparently not. Don't you have someone else to interrogate? Like the guy I just put in the dungeon?"

"Actually we need to dispose of a body," Dean said, "you want to help?"