нυмιℓιαтє уσυrѕєℓf

Start from the beginning

Knowing it was just a matter of time until my mother gave me a piece of her mind, I decided to get off my lazy, depressed ass and make my way to the living room where my mother and the hot doctor were waiting for me.

The hot doctor—whose name is Cameron, but because he is ridiculously hot and ridiculously successful, I thought the name "hot doctor" suited him—was seated on the sofa next to my mom, with one of his toned arms draped around her shoulder. As soon as I made my presence known, they both looked at me with bewilderment, like they were actually in awe at the fact that I left my room.

"Oh, look who decided to come out of his room!" my mom exclaimed with an odd amount of sarcasm in her voice. She was going to add something else, but her eyes narrowed into slits when she assessed my attire. "Calvin, when's the last time you took a shower?"

I rolled my eyes and ignored her question. "Where's the food?"

The hot doctor smiled at me, exposing his white, seemingly perfect teeth. He must've been a dentist in his past life. "Claire only said that to get you out of your room. We were actually planning to go out for breakfast. How do you feel about IHOP?" He finished his question with a furry quirked brow.

My eyes rolled themselves without my acknowledgment, but it wasn't like I cared if I offended them or not. I was going through a heartache and pancakes weren't going to fix that.

"No," I said quickly. "You guys will be fine without me." I started to back out of the living room and I was at the foot of the staircase when my mom stopped me.

She lifted herself up from the sofa and made her way to me with her arms crossed against her chest. "Honey, you need to stop sulking over Derek," she advised in her motherly advice voice. She kept advancing forward until she was just inches away from me, placing her hands on the dip of my shoulders. "There'll be other boys. It's not the end of the world."

"You don't understand," I whined. "I love him, Mom. Like a lot! And now he won't even talk to me and I-" The words got stuck in my throat and I was so glad they did, because I knew I would have broken into sobs if I had the chance to finish my sentence.

"Calvin," she said roughly. "You don't need him. You wanna know what you need?"

I raised a brow.

She clapped her hands together in excitement and pulled an encouraging smile. "Pancakes! Come on, you can even get the whole menu if you want. Just get out of the house, Calvin. You're killing yourself in that room."

I opened my mouth to respond, but the hot doctor beat me to it. "Claire, if he doesn't want to go then we can't force him."

Somehow, that made me a smile. "Thank you, Cameron. You might just gain my approval after all."

He was standing at his full height now, which had to be over six feet. If I was ten years older and not completely heartbroken over Derek, I would've totally jumped his bones. He had mesmerizing, electric blue eyes, a chiseled jaw, neat, perfectly groomed blond hair, and full, kissable lips. I bet he even had an eight pack beneath the formal button-down shirt he always seemed to wear. I had to be out of my mind to pass up an opportunity had that.

The hot doctor grabbed my mother's cardigan from the sofa and approached us. "Do you have somewhere you can stay for the day? We don't want to leave you alone."